What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3043 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #45631
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A decent set of boomerang shackles will ensure you can get it off without losing a finger.

Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #45632
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
Rite on !!! I still roll my JMC, Andy Patterson 20' , & C.W. minn 24" cruiser
What's up, neighbor!
I still have my 1984 Boss XL that I earned new racing as a teen. I kept it thinking if I ever had a son he would ride it. I did in fact have a son and got him racing from 5 to 8 years old then lost interest and grew right past my bike.
So there she sits...my pride and joy...all alone in the attic...waiting for a grandson...
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #45633
Jeep43
1995 YJ Wrangler 

image-4278653997.jpg

image-2388976619.jpg

I walked to my back yard and thought i saw a bird on my jeep and this is what found. This is what the sun did to my 10 year old tire
Jeep43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #45634
Jeep43
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Attachment 640746

Attachment 640748

I walked to my back yard and thought i saw a bird on my jeep and this is what found. This is what the sun did to my 10 year old tire
Jeep43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #45635
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Do you ever rotate the spare in?
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #45636
NH2112
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep43

An army buddy had it happen with his Bronco. It blew the tailgate glass and side glass right out.

'90 YJ w/4.2l & 4.0l head, Weber carb, 5-speed, 4" RC lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s.
NH2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #45637
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
What's up, neighbor!
I still have my 1984 Boss XL that I earned new racing as a teen. I kept it thinking if I ever had a son he would ride it. I did in fact have a son and got him racing from 5 to 8 years old then lost interest and grew right past my bike.
So there she sits...my pride and joy...all alone in the attic...waiting for a grandson...
Damm !!! Sounds like a mirror , my son 22 now raced about a year but never got into it . When he was a teen he liked riding my old school BMX bikes , but I didn't want him to tear them up . I rode a BOSS most of my BMX career . Actually Rode with Dean Luchea ( owners Son) . WE are close enough to the same age , we probably Raced each other . I raced Stockton BMX almost every friday night . Also used to Do the Atwater , Chowchilla , Merced triple header when chasing points . I know this is WDYDTY YJ section , but get me gooin on BMX I tend to run on

Back to Tek , I run Booms front & rear . Even so I managed to Flip a front shackle Crawling the B**c* trail at Hollister . Bent my Spring the same way . I thought the cross bolt would stop it from inverting but it didn't . I'm going to add a bump stop to keep it from happening again . I agree a set of military wraps would help too . Making me think twice about not pulling the set I saw in the wreaking yard by work .

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #45638
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeled it a couple days ago in Port Angeles with my TJ buddy. Would have posted it then but the photo evidence wasn't linking correctly and I've been on a boat for a couple days to Alaska.

The photos don't show it really but this switchback trail was extremely steep and had many drop offs.

My buddy's TJ at the top of that hilltop.

Had a blast and didn't break anything. The first part of that trial was pretty hair raising. I almost took the wife but she has a definite fear of heights and cliffs and there was more than plenty here.

"The locks on my doors are for your protection not mine."

My YJ Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...rship-1481851/
Ken3783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #45639
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yj and bmx ........ So it counts.

imag0354.jpg

love my jeep
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #45640
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken3783
Wheeled it a couple days ago in Port Angeles with my TJ buddy. Would have posted it then but the photo evidence wasn't linking correctly and I've been on a boat for a couple days to Alaska.

The photos don't show it really but this switchback trail was extremely steep and had many drop offs.

My buddy's TJ at the top of that hilltop.

Had a blast and didn't break anything. The first part of that trial was pretty hair raising. I almost took the wife but she has a definite fear of heights and cliffs and there was more than plenty here.
I miss the public access power line trails. East coast sucks.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #45641
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A lot of those trails are easements for just the power companies and their subsidiaries. You should always ask local landowners and authorities about the legality of wheeling on any land that doesn't belong to you.
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #45642
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
A lot of those trails are easements for just the power companies and their subsidiaries. You should always ask local landowners and authorities about the legality of wheeling on any land that doesn't belong to you.
I know a guy with a key... But you are correct.
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #45643
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
correct. Wa state has a very easy way to tell you yes or no at the trail heads/roads. Signs with a green dot=open to all. Yellow means need a permit ( for cutting fishing hunting salvaging etc). Red means no. Easy peasy.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #45644
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
It was an approved trail. My buddy had been out there a few times. I'm kinda by the book when it comes that stuff. A law abiding citizen.

"The locks on my doors are for your protection not mine."

My YJ Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...rship-1481851/
Ken3783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #45645
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It was a blanket statement. Nothing personal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.