What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3037 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #45541
Anticanman
Follow Me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Quick question...I'm installing my teraflex shock bar....Is there any reason that I couldn't just use the normal bottom perches instead of the Teraflex bracket things? I have the top bar bolted in and am about to weld on the shock perches to the axle, and it looks like it will work without having to use the extra teraflex piece bolted into the bottom.

yes or no?

Cheers
Its prolly best to use them.

Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #45542
Ken3783

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Quick question...I'm installing my teraflex shock bar....Is there any reason that I couldn't just use the normal bottom perches instead of the Teraflex bracket things? I have the top bar bolted in and am about to weld on the shock perches to the axle, and it looks like it will work without having to use the extra teraflex piece bolted into the bottom.

yes or no?

Cheers
I pretty sure you have to use the bottom mounts or a mount that rotates the bottom 90 degrees from stock. Otherwise I'm not sure whether there would be enough room to allow the shock to sit at a diagonal like that without stressing the bolt and bushings.

"The locks on my doors are for your protection not mine."

My YJ Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...rship-1481851/
Ken3783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #45543
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

yes or no?

Cheers
I actually really like the Tera lower mounts. I didn't want to buy them so I jus made my own copy of them. They help keep the shock from binding and allowing it to move some while your suspension cycles. I don't run the Tera shock bar anymore now that I run outboarded Ford shock towers but I still use my lower mounts to allow the shock to move some and not bind.

See. Don't mind the ugly welds, my welder was being a *****.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #45544
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Its prolly best to use them.
Thanks for the chat and for help sorting that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken3783 View Post
I pretty sure you have to use the bottom mounts or a mount that rotates the bottom 90 degrees from stock. Otherwise I'm not sure whether there would be enough room to allow the shock to sit at a diagonal like that without stressing the bolt and bushings.
That's what Anti told me. The thing is, I bought the MORE 8.8 shock perches and they are cut at a bevel meaning they cant one way already. Tomorrow I'll snap a pic of why I thought I could get by without them. They angle perfectly to match up with the upper bar and the lower mount looked superfluous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
I actually really like the Tera lower mounts. I didn't want to buy them so I jus made my own copy of them. They help keep the shock from binding and allowing it to move some while your suspension cycles.
Seems to be the consensus. Thanks gents!

I got them in and welded on and got everything hooked up. MUCH better than it was. I actually have (gasp!) travel back in my shocks lol.

I'll update my build thread with all the pics of yesterday and today's progress...there's a lot haha! But later...for now it's time to crush a beer or two and get to wet sanding...

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #45545
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

More asthetically pleasing than mine. And it does work well. A couple spritzes of cologne in the full bottle works both as an air freshener in the jeep and masks the foul smell coming from a person already in 110* heat.
Haha I never thought of that! Not a bad idea haha. They turned out awesome too today! Put them to good use on the trail. They're just some from wallyworld that are supposed to strap your waist like a fanny pack.

Speaking of trail... Pics from today. Awesome time. Taylor, you gotta roll next time man!!

My buddy Austin. RE 4.5 and 35" MTRs

My Gf being a badass in my seat haha

Narrow pass

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #45546
squishy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix

Dont bother with the ubolts. Just cut. U wont re-use them and it'll be much much easier/quicker to cut.
X10 just cut and forget
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #45547
squishy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

I actually really like the Tera lower mounts. I didn't want to buy them so I jus made my own copy of them. They help keep the shock from binding and allowing it to move some while your suspension cycles. I don't run the Tera shock bar anymore now that I run outboarded Ford shock towers but I still use my lower mounts to allow the shock to move some and not bind.

See. Don't mind the ugly welds, my welder was being a *****.

Don't worry noone can judge girth except her. Lol
Gew is what I call that.
" Good Enough Weld"
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #45548
billybooster2
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows

Meh I don't even have a bolt in there lol!
Although my bumper does a nice job of holding it down in the front!

Cheers

EDIT: Just noticed your profile says you have a CJ8...mispost?
I have a cj8. No mispost. Daughter has yj. I wrench, pay, enjoy the fixin' time. She drives it and wants front locker, 32s, 2.5 lift. I get to wrrnch on her dine!
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #45549
squishy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybooster2

I have a cj8. No mispost. Daughter has yj. I wrench, pay, enjoy the fixin' time. She drives it and wants front locker, 32s, 2.5 lift. I get to wrrnch on her dine!
Nice pa!! Lol
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #45550
Taylor_44
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ

Haha I never thought of that! Not a bad idea haha. They turned out awesome too today! Put them to good use on the trail. They're just some from wallyworld that are supposed to strap your waist like a fanny pack.

Speaking of trail... Pics from today. Awesome time. Taylor, you gotta roll next time man!!

My buddy Austin. RE 4.5 and 35" MTRs

My Gf being a badass in my seat haha

Narrow pass
Sorry, man! I wanted to go, but have to fund my endless money pit somehow!! HaHa. That looks like a good trail, actually has some green grass!
Taylor_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #45551
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looking killer AzDevil!
Looks like a kickass trail! Tons of fun. Bet it was hot out there though!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #45552
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy

Don't worry noone can judge girth except her. Lol
Gew is what I call that.
" Good Enough Weld"
Haha it's definitely strong but it is ugly lol. That's before I ground it down smooth. My welder was running out of gas and it was my last welds for the project so I just finished it lol.

Unread 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #45553
Tarpo

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Had a great time wheeling and tooling around in Colorado

image-338329834.jpg

image-2559337361.jpg

image-1815817544.jpg

image-1340707033.jpg
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #45554
predat
ASU Machine Shop Manager

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownwpa View Post
Your jeep doesn't meet fender requirements (aka statutes/laws) obviously... so you brag about putting small tires on in order to get your yearly sticker. If your mechanic knows you're putting the big tires back on when you get home then he's putting his inspection license at risk.. you flapping about it online isn't gonna help. I don't really care if you don't like it, was just trying to point out you could do the guy a favor by keeping quiet about it.
you'd love to hear that I've seen a vehicle that had to be towed in after a serious wreck get an inspection sticker because the insurance company required it to be renewed even though it wasn't expired...the system is flawed. We're not saying it shouldn't exist, just that it's bull****.

on another note, exhaust hanger broke off during a lakeside trail excursion. No big deal, just gonna rig it back up so it doesn't happen again, thing is rattling something fierce.
Unread 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #45555
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post

Looks good man, where's your 40"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.