What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3035 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #45511
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Cool!!
They're nothing fancy but they should do the trick for this 110* weather

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #45512
NH2112
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283

Thank you PA I am having a bad day and this just made me smile a little. I love watching people get the chit they are trying to give shoved back down thier throat.

I would do the same thing you do if WV actually cared about stuff like that. As long as my tread is good and horn and lights work I get my sticker.
Yeah, who needs brakes, exhaust, wheel bearings, steering, a body that's not rusted out, etc. Nobody has the right to tell YOU that your vehicle should be safe enough that the other drivers on the road don't have to worry about pieces falling off or you darting in front of them because something broke.

If you can't afford to maintain your vehicle in a safe condition - and tires, lights, horn are NOT all it takes - then you can't afford the vehicle.

Now, I will make an offer for any JF member, free or paying. If your Jeep needs work to pass inspection and you can't afford it, then if you can get it to me I will get you any needed parts at dealer cost and do the work for free. As in, absolutely no cost to you. Nor will I accept any money if you offer it - donate it to your local animal shelter or ASPCA, or just keep it. All I ask is at least a few days advance notice so I can change any changeable plans.

'90 YJ w/4.2l & 4.0l head, Weber carb, 5-speed, 4" RC lift, 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s.
NH2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #45513
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
They're nothing fancy but they should do the trick for this 110* weather
More asthetically pleasing than mine. And it does work well. A couple spritzes of cologne in the full bottle works both as an air freshener in the jeep and masks the foul smell coming from a person already in 110* heat.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #45514
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2112 View Post
Now, I will make an offer for any JF member, free or paying. If your Jeep needs work to pass inspection and you can't afford it, then if you can get it to me I will get you any needed parts at dealer cost and do the work for free. As in, absolutely no cost to you. Nor will I accept any money if you offer it - donate it to your local animal shelter or ASPCA, or just keep it. All I ask is at least a few days advance notice so I can change any changeable plans.
That's awesome ^^^
Incredibly awesome. I appreciate your humanity.

That said, I don't live in an inspection state, and in 12 years of being a licensed driver, after putting over 300k collective miles under me, and in spending 3 years working as a medic, I never once saw a horrible accident caused by a rust bucket falling apart on the road. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but by far the largest failure I've ever seen is tires blowing out or worn break pads shattering. Other than that, it just doesn't happen that often. Again, not living in an inspection state myself, from an outsider looking in perspective, it just seems like a way for the state to generate revenue;

You pay registration, you pay for smog, you pay for inspection, you pay to renew your license, you just pay, pay, pay, pay. I think finding a way to better enforce, and having stricter penalties for things like texting while driving (I HAVE seen a ton of deaths due to a driver mindlessly checking their texts, facebook, twatter, whatever) is a much better way to insure that the roads are safe. It's a bigger deal than having tires that stick an inch or two out past some flares....

My .02
Now back to my paint booth ha!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #45515
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post

Thank you PA I am having a bad day and this just made me smile a little. I love watching people get the chit they are trying to give shoved back down thier throat.
Let me fill you in on the exchange you seemed to enjoy so much... he was bragging on putting tiny tires on his soa so he could pass on the fender coverage requirement. I said maybe he shouldn't spout off about it online as such things can end up costing his mechanic his meal ticket.. and he got all butthurt and read too far into it... where aparently you didnt read enough. I dont care what you do with your tires, just be considerate of the mechanic cutting you a break and keep it to yourself. If thats shoving 'chit' down someones throat then so be it, I was just hoping to inspire some concern for the well-being of the mechanic.
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #45516
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lets cut the "chit" chat.

Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #45517
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Good. I'm glad that whole conversation is 100% finished.

So for those of you that did the YJ 4.2 pos to 4.0HO upgrade, was the wiring all that difficult and did you also move the smog equipment over as well?
CA has pretty strict smog rules and I will need to go to a referee to get it signed off. Has to be a newer motor than 1988 and contain all the smog equipment.
I plan to buy a Cherokar and swap it all over. Will the harness from the donor swap over with the donor's computer etc...?
I am so ready for this swap after my last trip up to Big Bear and dealing with that carb and POS BA10/5. Everybody says auto is the way to go so I hope they are right.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #45518
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Passed inspection! All is good for another year.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #45519
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
Passed inspection! All is good for another year.
Did you slip the inspector a $50 like I told ya'?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #45520
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Good. I'm glad that whole conversation is 100% finished.

So for those of you that did the YJ 4.2 pos to 4.0HO upgrade, was the wiring all that difficult and did you also move the smog equipment over as well?
CA has pretty strict smog rules and I will need to go to a referee to get it signed off. Has to be a newer motor than 1988 and contain all the smog equipment.
I plan to buy a Cherokar and swap it all over. Will the harness from the donor swap over with the donor's computer etc...?
I am so ready for this swap after my last trip up to Big Bear and dealing with that carb and POS BA10/5. Everybody says auto is the way to go so I hope they are right.
Automagic is the way to go. I love my aw4 and don't know why I never had an auto before! Ill never go back to a manual in my off road vehicle ever again.

What's your budget? Look into the painless conversion kit. It comes with a brand new.wiring harness and all the computers ready to go. Its spendy but saves yourself from having to Frankenstein it together.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #45521
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Installed my 33 inch rollers.........I thought 4 inches of lift and 33s was supposed to look good?? Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #45522
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87

Installed my 33 inch rollers.........I thought 4 inches of lift and 33s was supposed to look good?? Hahaha

They do when u don't use four inches of metal cloak.
CKjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #45523
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post

Looks great.
One more touch and you're done. See that gold paint on your rims? Color match that part red and it will look BA.
I am jealous of the Cloaks.
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #45524
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Automagic is the way to go. I love my aw4 and don't know why I never had an auto before! Ill never go back to a manual in my off road vehicle ever again.

What's your budget? Look into the painless conversion kit. It comes with a brand new.wiring harness and all the computers ready to go. Its spendy but saves yourself from having to Frankenstein it together.

Cheers
I will look into the Painless. A lot of people say they are a quality product that is worth every expensive penny.
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #45525
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Found out that the band in my tranny for second gear has been "disconnect" for a while now which has been causing my jeep to go right from 1st to 3rd and skipping 2nd gear. At the tranny shop getting fix now

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.