What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3034 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #45496
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownwpa

Your jeep doesn't meet fender requirements (aka statutes/laws) obviously... so you brag about putting small tires on in order to get your yearly sticker. If your mechanic knows you're putting the big tires back on when you get home then he's putting his inspection license at risk.. you flapping about it online isn't gonna help. I don't really care if you don't like it, was just trying to point out you could do the guy a favor by keeping quiet about it.
U should do urself a favor and keep quiet. I never said half of those things, u did. He's never seen my jeep with big tires u just claim he has. Nor did i state for whom or where he works at. Also ur so cheap u won't even pay for a membership on here? I don't put his license at risk at all, go play tough guy sumwhere else mr no it all.

PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #45497
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
U should do urself a favor and keep quiet. I never said half of those things, u did. Did I?

He's never seen my jeep with big tires u just claim he has. Got a quote? or does has the word "if" taken on a new meaning?

Nor did i state for whom or where he works at.
I never said you did, but I bet with all the information you've posted online it could be figured out... or do you think the internet is still anynomous?

Also ur so cheap u won't even pay for a membership on here?
What the F@#$ does that have to do with anything? Like you have the moral high ground because you pay to be a member of a website?

I don't put his license at risk at all, go play tough guy sumwhere else mr no it all.
what's a "no it all"? I guess I do know some English and have figured you out... either way If I were your mechanic when you made that post I wouldn't be afterwards.
Try not getting all sensitive and actually think about it for a minute.
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #45498
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
U should do urself a favor and keep quiet. I never said half of those things, u did. He's never seen my jeep with big tires u just claim he has. Nor did i state for whom or where he works at. Also ur so cheap u won't even pay for a membership on here? I don't put his license at risk at all, go play tough guy sumwhere else mr no it all.
Thank you PA I am having a bad day and this just made me smile a little. I love watching people get the chit they are trying to give shoved back down thier throat.

I would do the same thing you do if WV actually cared about stuff like that. As long as my tread is good and horn and lights work I get my sticker.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #45499
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Cool!!
I see what you did there.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #45500
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283
I would do the same thing you do if WV actually cared about stuff like that. As long as my tread is good and horn and lights work I get my sticker.
Same^^^. Here in MI you can literally drive a bodiless frame down the road as long as it has lights one seat and a seat belt, and I've seen tube buggy's bombing down the hwy doing 55 mph on 42s haha.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #45501
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327

Same^^^. Here in MI you can literally drive a bodiless frame down the road as long as it has lights one seat and a seat belt, and I've seen tube buggy's bombing down the hwy doing 55 mph on 42s haha.

That is awesome, I may need to move. My jeep is far from a road vehicle but can still cruise down the highway at 65. Altho it's never seen the highway...
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #45502
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19

That is awesome, I may need to move. My jeep is far from a road vehicle but can still cruise down the highway at 65. Altho it's never seen the highway...
Eh the wheeling is probably better in PA unless you love giant sandy hill climbs cuse that's pretty much all we got unless you go to one of the ORV parks.

Unread 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #45503
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OK moving on....

I am done with my 4.2 and BA 10/5. Question for you gurus....
If I use a Cherokar motor and trans, I heard the t-case is at an angle and "needs to be re-clocked". Is this true and how easily is it done?
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #45504
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
OK moving on....

I am done with my 4.2 and BA 10/5. Question for you gurus....
If I use a Cherokar motor and trans, I heard the t-case is at an angle and "needs to be re-clocked". Is this true and how easily is it done?
True. You need to re drill the holes on the output of the transmission. I made a template of the original holes, "clocked" it over and drilled
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #45505
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
True. You need to re drill the holes on the output of the transmission. I made a template of the original holes, "clocked" it over and drilled
So it's not a big deal then. What about the linkage tho'? The bracket bolts to the transmission but the shaft goes back to the t-case and moves the selector. Does that have to be modded?
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #45506
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah it was pretty simple, I didnt have to do anything special with the shifter or bracket.
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #45507
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Another question: I currently have a stick and I want to convert to auto. Do I need the steering column out of the Cherokar for the selector or do I have to use a floor shifter kit?
I don't care about the double pedals, I can weld a strap between them and use them both for a brake pedal.
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #45508
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Was scanning the CL for Cherokars for my swap and this was mentioned on an automatic...

Quote:
Trans 1st & 2nd lock out switch
What is it and why do you need it?
RJC#512
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #45509
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Not too sure. I know the earlier XJs came with a performance shift button or something like that. Check out the cherokee technical section and look at their stock specs/FAQs
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #45510
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Another question: I currently have a stick and I want to convert to auto. Do I need the steering column out of the Cherokar for the selector or do I have to use a floor shifter kit?
I don't care about the double pedals, I can weld a strap between them and use them both for a brake pedal.
You can just use a floor shifter. That's what mine has; a B&M shifter. Just unbolt/cut off the clutch. Again, that's what was done to mine and it's fine.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.