Well, today was project day: after a dump run with a trailer piled high of reno refuse, and a trip to Costco, I declared that for my Father's Day enjoyment, I was booking the rest of the day to get some stuff done on my rig.
First up was to properly install and wire a new antenna for the CB, instead of the mag-mount stuck on the front cowl:
Long one for better range:
Short one for heavy bush (since the fiberglass sticks aren't all that flexible):
Took a while to get both sticks tuned properly, but they're bang on now.
Then I moved on to relocate the trailer connector that kept getting the crap beat out of it on washouts... you can see what's left of its bracket on the right in the first pic. Previous owner did that. I moved it to somewhere a little more protected.
Not shown is the tailpipe that was rattling against the side of the gas tank because of a hack-job holding its rubber shock absorber to a section of frame with some coat-hanger wire...
All in all, a pretty productive afternoon, methinks!