What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3021 - JeepForum.com
 478Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #45301 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM
grandboost98
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Durham/East Haven
Posts: 4,004
Garage
Im in the garage nd just finished installing the jbc sye

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps79f377cc.jpg

The shafts seem very hard to spin right now. Is that normal or should it spin freely?


89 Wrangler-3.5" HD BDS lift,M.O.R.E HD 5/8" booms on 35" KM2s
99 Cherokee-2 door,5" lift on 35" KM2s
04 Grand Cherokee Overland
72 Chevy Nova-in progress
http://tiny.cc/BRASSBALLSOFFROAD
grandboost98 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #45302 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
skyj
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 4,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Im in the garage nd just finished installing the jbc sye

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps79f377cc.jpg

The shafts seem very hard to spin right now. Is that normal or should it spin freely?
Mine wasn't to hard to spin. Don't install it until you know it rows through all the gear selections to. When I did mine I put the shift collar on upside down and it wouldn't spin in 4L had to split it apart again and figure out what I did wrong.

build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline  
post #45303 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 PM
grandboost98
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Durham/East Haven
Posts: 4,004
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post

Mine didn't seem to hard to spin. Don't install it until you know it rows through all the gear selections to. When I did mine I put the shift collar on upside down and it wouldn't spin in 4L had to split it apart again and figure out what I did wrong.
It shifts between 2hi 4hi and 4low. The rear yoke is just very hard to spin

89 Wrangler-3.5" HD BDS lift,M.O.R.E HD 5/8" booms on 35" KM2s
99 Cherokee-2 door,5" lift on 35" KM2s
04 Grand Cherokee Overland
72 Chevy Nova-in progress
http://tiny.cc/BRASSBALLSOFFROAD
grandboost98 is offline  
post #45304 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
I'mna go out and wash the mountain off of it.
Needs a new tail pipe so I need to find a muffler shop in the area.
They probably won't want dried up mud falling in their face.

photo-35-medium-.jpg


I keep forgetting to cut those damn u-bolts off.
Doh!

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #45305 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler
 
NHfireLJ's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 3,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post


I keep forgetting to cut those damn u-bolts off.
Doh!
Flip Em !!!!!

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495 Build thread. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...hread-2778642/

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold
NHfireLJ is offline  
post #45306 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
Present number one came in today.



I don't have any more room under my dash so I was thinking of replacing my 4x4 gauge with this. Anyone done that before?
Anticanman is offline  
post #45307 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Gage56
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Present number one came in today.



I don't have any more room under my dash so I was thinking of replacing my 4x4 gauge with this. Anyone done that before?
that's what i plan to do when i do my OBA

1992 YJ
Gage56 is offline  
post #45308 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_44
Got my Engo 10k synthetic winch today
When we gonna test that beast out!! I've had mine since last winter and haven't even needed it yet. But when I was without, multiple times I've spent hours digging lol

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #45309 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
squishy
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBMDL
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ

Flip Em !!!!!
X2.

Edit: noticed ya got the 8.8 cover curl goin on. I carry a hammer just for that on the trail. I gotta get a cover. Maybe this weekend at the jeep invasion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Gratitude and Gold both start with G and are just as rare.
squishy is offline  
post #45310 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Sparrows
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise
Posts: 4,473
My computer decided to finally cooperate and render a video into a useable format. Some of the shots of my YJ and some transitions got lost in the rendering (if my jeep didn't soak up so much of my $$$ I'd buy a new laptop! ) but anyways, here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpRsq...ature=youtu.be

Cheers

WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline  
post #45311 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 04:28 PM
RikRotorhead
Web Wheeler
 
RikRotorhead's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
X2.

Edit: noticed ya got the 8.8 cover curl goin on. I carry a hammer just for that on the trail. I gotta get a cover. Maybe this weekend at the jeep invasion!!
Maybe a flip would be a good idea. Will look into it.
Yeah my 11yo was driving when that dent got in the 8.8 cover. (That's my story) and it is now on the short list for a Riddler to match the front.

Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline  
post #45312 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 PM
atldude
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 339
Did the euro guards for the head/tail lights and i am really liking how it turned out.



atldude is offline  
post #45313 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Gage56
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
My computer decided to finally cooperate and render a video into a useable format. Some of the shots of my YJ and some transitions got lost in the rendering (if my jeep didn't soak up so much of my $$$ I'd buy a new laptop! ) but anyways, here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpRsq...ature=youtu.be

Cheers


But needs less JK/TJ Content and MOAR YJ !!!!!!

1992 YJ
Gage56 is offline  
post #45314 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Taylor_44
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tempe
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ

When we gonna test that beast out!! I've had mine since last winter and haven't even needed it yet. But when I was without, multiple times I've spent hours digging lol
I'm out of town again, so I've only got to see a picture of it. We need to go and purposely get stuck just so we can test them.
Taylor_44 is offline  
post #45315 of 69897 Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler
 
NHfireLJ's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 3,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Maybe a flip would be a good idea. Will look into it.
Yeah my 11yo was driving when that dent got in the 8.8 cover. (That's my story) and it is now on the short list for a Riddler to match the front.
I used the lower plates and put them on top with some round stock welded on, and summit square u bolts and a small spacer under the spring... Pics if you need them... Low cost

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495 Build thread. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...hread-2778642/

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold
NHfireLJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Shadownwpa
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 35 09-17-2013 02:39 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome