Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#60,263 ·
I take it the snow melted? Looks awesome up there Larry!
Oh yes, the snow has melted. There were a few patches in the shade but that's it. It'll be here soon enough and I'm glad that I got a peek at the rocks before I do it again in the snow!

#60,265 ·
You gotta let the tools work for you. The only time I even use pressure is when I have the grinding wheels on.

I drove mine to get TACOS! I need to look into my manifold heater wiring. It dropped temps and my jeep will never get to temp in my 5 minute drive to work.
Really gotta be careful with how you angle the grinder when using cutoff wheels. They bind up and kick pretty easily.

#60,268 ·
#60,270 ·
ummmm.........OUCH!!!!! The Chuck Norris beard trimmer isn't for everybody I guess! I hope that wasn't you or anybody you knew, & if it was, they're ok!
nah, that's not me and I don't know the guy... I saw it on facebook about a month ago, guy's lucky it hit him there and not in the eye/nose/teeth/ear

#60,272 ·
boduke5051 said:
VERY lucky! That should be an interesting scar story to say the least!
My son, now 13, had neuro surgery when he was 18 months. He has a scar that zig zags over his scalp from ear to ear and the hair doesn't grow on the scar. You don't really see it when his hair is normal to long length, but in the summers he sometimes gets a crew cut and it's highly visible. It looks like he did a Charlie Brown zig zag on purpose and elicits a lot of questions from total strangers.

At the classic car swap meet, I overheard him replying to a "what's up with the hair?" question when he had a crew cut. His response
"It's a scar. Shark attack. Long story."

:D

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.

#60,274 ·
Luuca said:
My son, now 13, had neuro surgery when he was 18 months. He has a scar that zig zags over his scalp from ear to ear and the hair doesn't grow on the scar. You don't really see it when his hair is normal to long length, but in the summers he sometimes gets a crew cut and it's highly visible. It looks like he did a Charlie Brown zig zag on purpose and elicits a lot of questions from total strangers. At the classic car swap meet, I overheard him replying to a "what's up with the hair?" question when he had a crew cut. His response "It's a scar. Shark attack. Long story." :D Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
I like his style, that's funny!

#60,277 ·
A guy at work last night got a bloody nose from a matabo. If he hadn't had a guard on it this story would be a lot different.
What the hell is a matabo? Am I the only one who doesn't know?

#60,279 ·
lar308 said:
I'm hoping it'll buff out. That was a rust free, near perfect full hard door. The cage design is good, at least for a 3mph, 1 1/4 roll with a twist roll. s**t happens. Ron
Not bad. Your first roll? Makes you want to fix it fast and get back out there to show em who's boss! That and get a stinger because next time you may need it. Most importantly, all occupants are ok. Bot... Dropped some beef off for the beast.

Attachments

#60,280 ·
Damn I would think that would cause more than a bloody nose..... Gave me one just looking at it.