What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3005 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #45061
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead
Gave it a thorough bath, fixed that little tit on the back of the CB mic, screwed the shifter boot to the floor so no more fumes/heat, repaired wiring on my sound bar, that's it.
Ready to go on the trailer tomorrow for the weekend wheeling trip to Big Bear.
Jealous.

I'm in wa state right now and my jeep is chillin in jersey. What a horrible place to be a jeep owner jersey is.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #45062
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoore-on View Post
It is, where the angle is cut into it. but do what ever the instructions say. My JB kit sayed to mesure the rod, if it was longer than 9.38" cut it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
If I remember right I cut mine with it in the TC just before the SYE went on so that I could get a measurement from the housing to the end of the rod. Angle grinder with a cutting wheel zips it right off.
Thanks guys Mine does measure out to 10.2"s

Did anyone else notice these casting marks in their case?

I was looking for marks that may indicate chain slack (found none) But saw these raised casting marks. They normal?

And heres some more pics. The SYE wont be in until the 11th So that gives me a little time to make the 8.8 pretty lol

98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #45063
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Case looks ok to me...
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #45064
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Case looks ok to me...
Yeah, mine had the same catsing marks.

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #45065
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Thanks guys Mine does measure out to 10.2"s

Did anyone else notice these casting marks in their case?

I was looking for marks that may indicate chain slack (found none) But saw these raised casting marks. They normal?

And heres some more pics. The SYE wont be in until the 11th So that gives me a little time to make the 8.8 pretty lol
INSTALL A "TRUE NEUTRAL PLATE" WHILE YOU HAVE IT OPEN!!!!

Trust me on this, do it. Your t-case has a neutral that is NOT neutral. It does NOT disengage the front drive shaft from the back when in neutral. They are still connected, and are ONLY disconnected when you put the t-case in 2WD.
This is not an issue unless you flat tow and have a front locker or one peice pass side axle.
They fixed this issue in the TJ and newer t-cases.

Do it. Do it. Just do it.

Linky thingy.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...plate-1076065/
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #45066
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

One of my dad's friends cut out some 1" lift Boom shackles for her. I know what I'll be doing if the rain ever stops.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #45067
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post

Trust me on this, do it. Your t-case has a neutral that is NOT neutral. It does NOT disengage the front drive shaft from the back when in neutral. They are still connected, and are ONLY disconnected when you put the t-case in 2WD.
This is not an issue unless you flat tow and have a front locker or one peice pass side axle.

I dont think that would be beneficial to me, Ive never been in a position where I needed a true neutral and I never plan on flat towing but thanks for the heads up/suggestion
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #45068
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well ever since the motor problems I have been seriously thinking about building a 4.6 stroker. Thoughts suggestions concerns? I have a complete 4.0 and complete 4.2 sitting in my garage they both need rebuilt. Infact all the 4.2 needs is rings and seals to be a runner, but I don't want to just go back to stock.

This will be a somewhat poor man's stroker with using as many used parts as I can.

Does anybody have experience in building a stroker? I could really use the help since I don't know much about what CR and quench height to go with, or how to acheive the perfect combo. It seems to be a lot of mixed reviews, and so many threads with completely different opinions. I still want to be able to run 87 octane or lower. My head hurts just from reading this morning.

My buddy really wants me to do a sbc, but I never really liked riding on the bandwagon anyways.
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #45069
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
I dont think that would be beneficial to me, Ive never been in a position where I needed a true neutral and I never plan on flat towing but thanks for the heads up/suggestion
No problem.
But for those that do split their case, it's a $25 upgrade that is going to save your t-case if you ever flat tow it.
RJC#512
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #45070
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No problem.
But for those that do split their case, it's a $25 upgrade that is going to save your t-case if you ever flat tow it.
I just pull my DS's if I have to flat tow, u don't Have to have the neutral plate. Does make things nice tho, I don't flat tow either tho. I did once to get a ride home quicker. also if ur gona install the neutral plate might as well put 2 lo in there too...
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #45071
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_YJ19 View Post
I just pull my DS's if I have to flat tow, u don't Have to have the neutral plate. Does make things nice tho, I don't flat tow either tho. I did once to get a ride home quicker. also if ur gona install the neutral plate might as well put 2 lo in there too...
Elaborate please. Not familiar.
But yeah the true neutral plate is MUCH easier than pulling the drive shafts.
No fuss, no muss. Just pull the lever.
RJC#512
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #45072
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Well ever since the motor problems I have been seriously thinking about building a 4.6 stroker. Thoughts suggestions concerns? I have a complete 4.0 and complete 4.2 sitting in my garage they both need rebuilt. Infact all the 4.2 needs is rings and seals to be a runner, but I don't want to just go back to stock.

This will be a somewhat poor man's stroker with using as many used parts as I can.

Does anybody have experience in building a stroker? I could really use the help since I don't know much about what CR and quench height to go with, or how to acheive the perfect combo. It seems to be a lot of mixed reviews, and so many threads with completely different opinions. I still want to be able to run 87 octane or lower. My head hurts just from reading this morning.

My buddy really wants me to do a sbc, but I never really liked riding on the bandwagon anyways.
Talk to jsawduste. He's a wealth of information on the subject. Take an Advil first because he will blow your mind.
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #45073
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post

Talk to jsawduste. He's a wealth of information on the subject. Take an Advil first because he will blow your mind.
Yeah I met him on pirate before I came here. He def. knows his motors, I may pm him after I do a little more research. I will most likely swap to fuel injection too so I will need to get my homework done. All the while babying my 4.2 that's in there now.
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #45074
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post

I plan on doing this next year when I do the Tera low 4;1 case. I flat tow.

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #45075
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Elaborate please. Not familiar.
But yeah the true neutral plate is MUCH easier than pulling the drive shafts.
No fuss, no muss. Just pull the lever.
2 lo is just what it says it is. It 2wd low, it's a kit u order that comes with a diff mode fork and range selector. It adds another gear on ur TC shifter right under 4 lo, that way u can just bump it down into 2 lo on a tight trail which will disengage ur front driveshaft and allow u to steer easier. If u have selectable lockers then it doesn't really matter. If u have a lunchbox up front like myself, it's a great and cheap way to make turning those tight trails easier.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.