What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #31
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I pulled the grill and took out my radiator and mechanical fan this weekend.

I did score a taurus electric fan today from a junk yard, and i am ordering up a new radiator this week. so i have my project for next weekend

tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #32
Bseay

Installed a 1" BL on the jeep, finished bolting down my new center console...

and realized i needed a sepentine belt and a new rad....so project time when college lets out!
Raingler Grips
Bseay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:35 PM   #33
94YJ H.O.

Let's see...

I managed to weld my drivers side lower shock mount back together (after being like that for 3 months), went and had Jiffy Lube replace the tranny fluid (auto) and they drained all of my Royal Purple out instead, so they gave me a free mobile 1 synthetic oil change and did the tranny fluid, and said they would drop in my filter of choice and Royal Purple when its time for another change free of charge, went fourwheeling out at the Sheep Rocks, managed to have a large rock crack my windshield on the freeway to said wheeling spot, and finally had large crack grow to a larger one running from top to bottom in the dead center of the windshield... and finally tomorrow I am having my front windshield replaced free of charge (gotta love glass companies that pay your insurance deductible ).

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
94YJ H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:34 AM   #34
GhostDog

I changed the oil and then got a little muddy. You can still read the word Wrangler, so I didn't do such a thorough job. Next time.

http://june23rd.com/persuasion46/muddyjeep.htm

Jarrett
95 YJ (Jeep Navy Hull #24)
&
a 1965 SC 23 - http://june23rd.com/persuasion46/
GhostDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #35
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I got my hardtop on, and then continued to remove it and put it back on 5 times trying to get everything aligned properly (damn tamper proof Torx... as if they weren't a pain before, they had to makea tamper proof one!)

Wired the hardtop from the front to the back with a new harness (removed the old one, PITA)

And that's about it...
Unread 11-29-2005, 05:02 PM   #36
89YJmoneypit
KMG365

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Blazer blower motor........

LET THERE BE HEAT!!!!!!
Red Jeep club #8

97 ZJ Laredo
4.0, 42re, NP242
Was my daily driver, now son's college wheels.

Marseilles Fire Dept: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4461494...th/7659346164/
89YJmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #37
exc911ence

Changed out plugs, wires, cap and rotor, windshield wiper blades today. The first items because the damn thing refused to start and the wipers because it was raining and the smear-o-matic old blades weren't cutting it.
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #38
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Today I installed my new PSC Trail Stinger bumper. Replaced my broken hood catch, with a new set From Q-Tec, went from the chrome to black. Replaced my nasty, worn out, ripped interior door panels with the black diamond plate ones from Q-Tec (full steel doors).
My next project if I get another nice day is to get that god-awful chrome grille inlay off, and paint the grille and headlight bezels black. I'm slowly trying to remove all the bling that the previous owner had on it.

"Beat it like it owes you money"

Jeep Wrangler with some bolt-on "stuff"
Hokie_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #39
ghiradelli777
1992 YJ Wrangler 

installed TJ flares, smitty built front and rear bumpers, stainless light bar w/ 4 55W lights, then went out and 4 wheeled at night.....

i think i might have broke something...it is making a funny clunking right now!!!
Unread 11-30-2005, 01:07 AM   #40
got_4_lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94YJ H.O.
Let's see...

I managed to weld my drivers side lower shock mount back together (after being like that for 3 months), went and had Jiffy Lube replace the tranny fluid (auto) and they drained all of my Royal Purple out instead, so they gave me a free mobile 1 synthetic oil change and did the tranny fluid, and said they would drop in my filter of choice and Royal Purple when its time for another change free of charge, went fourwheeling out at the Sheep Rocks, managed to have a large rock crack my windshield on the freeway to said wheeling spot, and finally had large crack grow to a larger one running from top to bottom in the dead center of the windshield... and finally tomorrow I am having my front windshield replaced free of charge (gotta love glass companies that pay your insurance deductible ).
SWEET! FRREEEEE OIL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:34 AM   #41
StuckInMud94

every morning i kiss the hood of my yj telling him he'll be back on the road soon....hes undergoing repairs at the moment
StuckInMud94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 03:54 PM   #42
Upstate Chili

Big project for today. Mounted an aluminum fie extinguisher

Upstate Chili is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #43
91GTA350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepboy21
in the last week i have put reverse lights in. built and installed a hand throttle, replaced crappy factory seats with sunfire seats, washed it, rotated tires, changed oil, built custom switch panel, built the defroster ducts i saw on here and attempted to get better radio reception but failed.
Were the Sunfire seats direct bolt in? I need to do that one soon.
2weekends ago i installed a RE 2.5" lift and new tail pipe. last weekend changed oil, tranny fluid, and t-case fluid. this weekend is new 31" ProComp MTs. then 2 weeks from now the plan is to fix rear main oil leak, change diff fluid, end replace engine mounts. i hope next year leads to less repairs
2/18/06 - destroyed spiders in d35
4.2/AX-15/NP-231/SYE/30/8.8/3.55/RE 2.5"/31"
91GTA350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #44
gtd

Did alot today. Changed all the ujoints front and back. Flushed the radiator put in new antifreeze. Changed the fluid in both pumpkins and in the transfer case.

Next big job is to service the trans and drop it to replace the rear main seal, not looking forward to this.
1.5" BD lift
31 X 10.50 15's
gtd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:25 PM   #45
jeepboy21

[QUOTE=91GTA350]Were the Sunfire seats direct bolt in? I need to do that one soon. QUOTE]

yes they were a direct bolt int. unbolt sunfire sliders from seats. un bolt your seats from jeep sliders. install sunfire seat on jeep sliders.
jeepboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.