What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2978 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #44656
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cut down my 8" rear flares, hit them with some paint, and mounted them up. Looks more "finished" and "cleaner," until I can order up some corner armor/flares...

Cheers

Sparrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #44657
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Double post

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #44658
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post

Its off the Mojave Hwy (Route 66) Private pond and land - LOTS of sand. We never got stuck, nothing broke, but we didn't catch any fish - so it all evened out in the end. Rocketing went very well. Kid launched it twice, one engine was a dud until we tossed it in the fire. THAT was fun.

I'm not sure a grab-n-go camping trip, overnight, qualifies me as father of the year, but I DID let him kayak with a cast on his arm... alone. That earned me a hug. If he woulda flipped, momma would have had my hide. He had fun, ran around barefoot for a full day.. IMO that's what kids need. Less computer time, more dirt time. Thanks for the compliment.
Some of my fondest memories of my childhood with my dad were impromptu trips. They are always the best. You love and care about your kids. You spend time with your kids and do things with them. That's awesome man. Most dads nowadays seem to want nothing to do with thier kids. I also afree less video games and more social interaction in the real world is derinitly needed.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #44659
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283

Some of my fondest memories of my childhood with my dad were impromptu trips. They are always the best. You love and care about your kids. You spend time with your kids and do things with them. That's awesome man. Most dads nowadays seem to want nothing to do with thier kids. I also afree less video games and more social interaction in the real world is derinitly needed.

X2

I know tomorrow I'll be taking my son out wheeling in the Yj for the first time ( he's been plenty of times in the XJ ) as a father son trip , My buddy Brady (90lsturbo) will be taking his son in their Cj for his first time also !

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:30 AM   #44660
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post

X2

I know tomorrow I'll be taking my son out wheeling in the Yj for first time ( he's been plenty of times in the XJ ) as a father son trip , My buddy Brady (90lsturbo) will be taking his son in their Cj for his first time also !

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
That's awesome man. My thanks is extended to you and your friend (lsturbo:sp?) There are to many deadbeat dads out there now. Its not surprising and very nice to see that deadbeat dads are very rare here.

Unread 05-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #44661
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
That's awesome man. My thanks is extended to you and your friend (lsturbo:sp?) There are to many deadbeat dads out there now. Its not surprising and very nice to see that deadbeat dads are very rare here.

I agree 100%!!!!
My little one love going wheeling, and wrenching, and pretty much doing anything with me and I love taking her! She's my little buddy

She loves the Jeep so much. In fact she always gets excited since we have the top and doors off and never complains about it being "too cold." Whenever I have a passenger complaining about the temperature, I'm always like, "yeah well my four year old girl doesn't seem to mind!" Usually shuts people up really quick haha!

I love my little girl more than anything in the world. She's picked right out of my ear haha!

Cheers to all you great fathers. It's you whom make the biggest difference in the world.
Sparrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #44662
andrew2641
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Was already to take advantage of the memorial day sales for a new set if wheels, then girls night happened. Heavy rains pulled my wife's Denali into the curb taking out her front wheel and tire. Stealership wanted $1100 for the new wheel and tire. Found a new pulled set local on eBay. After swapping the three good wheels and worn tires I got a complete set for $850. Thinks eBay.
andrew2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #44663
odss91b
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Installed new D ring shackles on the front bumper. Does anyone know what those 4 rings are? I thought they were spacers but they are only wide enough for the threaded side of th pin to go through. They came as part of the rough country kit. And only 4 came with it?
image-234694586.jpg   image-3390047572.jpg   image-1432383198.jpg  
odss91b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #44664
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odss91b
Installed new D ring shackles on the front bumper. Does anyone know what those 4 rings are? I thought they were spacers but they are only wide enough for the threaded side of th pin to go through. They came as part of the rough country kit. And only 4 came with it?
They are there to keep the shackle from rattling, your supposed to put the pin threw them so there's no side to side movement from the shackles!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

RIP
96 jeep xj, 4.5 inch rc x-series lift with .75 coil spacer, siting on 31-10.50-15 goodyear! (aka gas saver)

RIP
96 jeep zj iro otk steering 7 inch iro critical path long arms lift siting on 35-13.50-15 toyo mt's and much more!
may 2011 GCOTM winner!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1208873/
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #44665
odss91b
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87

They are there to keep the shackle from rattling, your supposed to put the pin threw them so there's no side to side movement from the

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
That's what I thought but the pin doesn't fit through them. Only the threaded part of the pin fit through the rings. So I can't put two on each pin. Unless they both go on one side. I guess I could ream them out a little so they will slide over the whole pin.
odss91b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #44666
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got a link to the d ring kit?
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #44667
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

I agree 100%!!!!
My little one love going wheeling, and wrenching, and pretty much doing anything with me and I love taking her! She's my little buddy

She loves the Jeep so much. In fact she always gets excited since we have the top and doors off and never complains about it being "too cold." Whenever I have a passenger complaining about the temperature, I'm always like, "yeah well my four year old girl doesn't seem to mind!" Usually shuts people up really quick haha!

I love my little girl more than anything in the world. She's picked right out of my ear haha!

Cheers to all you great fathers. It's you whom make the biggest difference in the world.
Hearing these stories make me happy. Thanks man. You are a great father too

Unread 05-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #44668
Luuca
Professional Novice

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283

Hearing these stories make me happy. Thanks man. You are a great father too

Jeeps must simply attract that type of person. The ones willing to put in the effort. That let the little things stay important, and that can see the end result in spite of the rust and dents.

Traits that make good dads and great moms.

Sent by my pretentious iPhone.
I only get 100 characters including BBcode for my Sig line now so I thought I'd be witty and write until I run out of characters but for some reason I'm not running out of space as if some magic or witchcraft is afoot. I wonder what it could be. Perhaps the planets aligned and I'm the exception to the rule or some benevolent soul in a position of authority has looked down upon me and my predicament and has opted to rectify it in his intoxicated state and make people read this whole thing for no reason at all. Other than his amusement of course.
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #44669
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca

Jeeps must simply attract that type of person. The ones willing to put in the effort. That let the little things stay important, and that can see the end result in spite of the rust and dents.

Traits that make good dads and great moms.

Sent by my pretentious iPhone.
Meh. My dad had a Jeep(I'd suspect CJ or new YJ) and I've never met him.

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #44670
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post

Meh. My dad had a Jeep(I'd suspect CJ or new YJ) and I've never met him.
He isn't a forum member though. My dad was a dead beat. He dissapeared when I was 12 he reappeared when I was 25. He actually acted like a father should. I guess its easier for dads once your an adult and self sufficient. He died 9 months later. He was trying to reconcile with me and my sister before he died at the advice of his church. Guess he figured he could keep the act up for a few months.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.