What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2969 - JeepForum.com

 1083Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #44521 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM
skyj
Web Wheeler
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Helena
Posts: 4,139
Used it to pull the camper out of its hiding place.





build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/skyj-eccentric-build-1467426/ '90 YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
skyj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44522 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM
jeepdawg23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Posts: 51
I finished building my console sub box I was able to put 2 12" in I'm stoked.
jeepdawg23 is offline  
post #44523 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23 View Post
I finished building my console sub box I was able to put 2 12" in I'm stoked.
Pics or or didn't happen
ashland82391 is offline  
post #44524 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 09:34 PM
HurricaneRZA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdawg23 View Post
I finished building my console sub box I was able to put 2 12" in I'm stoked.
2 12" subs? What specs do you have on the interior space? Pics would be much appreciated, all I plan on running is a single 10" but my current console wouldn't have enough cu.ft for it to be close to where it needs to be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.
HurricaneRZA is offline  
post #44525 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Ranjo
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Charleston
Posts: 21
replaced the MC and pulled the track bars!
Ranjo is offline  
post #44526 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
2 12" subs? What specs do you have on the interior space? Pics would be much appreciated, all I plan on running is a single 10" but my current console wouldn't have enough cu.ft for it to be close to where it needs to be...
Slot port and poly fill.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #44527 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.
 
DirtKar's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal Sierras
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Slot port and poly fill.
You do and you'll clean it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline  
post #44528 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 PM
HurricaneRZA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Slot port and poly fill.
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of how that would fit, T shaped? I'm going to have mine sealed + downfiring, but I like seeing how everyone gets by with the limited space

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.
HurricaneRZA is offline  
post #44529 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
You do and you'll clean it up.
There's usually at least two partitions and polyfill is not like the innards of a pillow. Well not the feather type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of how that would fit, T shaped? I'm going to have mine sealed + downfiring, but I like seeing how everyone gets by with the limited space
Aim the port upward. Slot ports are a ton cleaner than round ports and are a lot easier tuned.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #44530 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:16 PM
HurricaneRZA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
There's usually at least two partitions and polyfill is not like the innards of a pillow. Well not the feather type.



Aim the port upward. Slot ports are a ton cleaner than round ports and are a lot easier tuned.
I think my local walmart has polyfill for like $5 for a bunch. I'll look into that design, I rarely use my console these days and I kinda feel like I could use that space better

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
This is the most metal thing I have ever heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.
HurricaneRZA is offline  
post #44531 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 PM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,617
Cleaned up the garage so the jeep could have its cave back and topped of the PS fluid due to my insane gearbox leak.. Also FINALLY got around to putting in the grab handles thanks a ton to Dillonjm, who gratefully donated them.

While walking around the jeep I noticed I'm having leaf seperation on my driver front and passenger rear springs. I'm not sure if I should be concerned... Thoughts??


And for shnitz&giggles...

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #44532 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
Just bang it back into shape before it takes out a tire.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #44533 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Sparrows
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Cleaned up the garage so the jeep could have its cave back and topped of the PS fluid due to my insane gearbox leak.. Also FINALLY got around to putting in the grab handles thanks a ton to Dillonjm, who gratefully donated them.

While walking around the jeep I noticed I'm having leaf seperation on my driver front and passenger rear springs. I'm not sure if I should be concerned... Thoughts??

And for shnitz&giggles...


God your junk is so sweet.
My leafs seem to do that sometime but not all the time. I just assumed its how they "work". The springs seperate and move when its flexed and I think its just how they returned to neutral.

I could be wrong and our stuff is f*cked!

Cheers

WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline  
post #44534 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 11:06 PM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Just bang it back into shape before it takes out a tire.
Lol ok will do!

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #44535 of 70984 Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 PM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows



God your junk is so sweet.
My leafs seem to do that sometime but not all the time. I just assumed its how they "work". The springs seperate and move when its flexed and I think its just how they returned to neutral.

I could be wrong and our stuff is f*cked!

Cheers
Thanks man!! Yours is pretty freakin sweet too! I understand the separation during flexing, but this is on level ground and the fact it's on opposite corners kinda makes me think I might have something wrong, but ima go on anti's suggestion and give it a good whack and see what happens in the future.

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
pocketbooger
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 39 08-14-2016 04:08 PM
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome