Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#59,261 ·
Thanks! Can't wait to get driving!
Just a heads up before you buy the replacement radiator - OEM is the best option. It costs more, but many on here - me included - think buying a MOPAR radiator is a solid investment.

Welcome to the /f12

#59,266 ·
Contacted engine builder.. I will be pulling engine after I yank the engine in the Beamer and replace sheesh it's gonna be pricy... Oh yeah Beamer died, engine seized... But anyways I gotta get the jeep on the trails..

MAY THE SCHWARZ BE WITH YOU...
You've had bad luck with motors lately. Good to hear your still plugging away on the jeep. :thumbsup:

#59,268 ·
skyj said:
You've had bad luck with motors lately. Good to hear your still plugging away on the jeep. :thumbsup:
Just a bad spell.. Oh well.. It was weird because It had sufficient oil and coolant. So it should have never seized.. Oh well.. And trust me, I miss the jeep more and more everyday.. I gotta get it on the trails ASAP.

MAY THE SCHWARZ BE WITH YOU...

#59,274 ·
Im monsta lining the tub of my jeep this week and im not sure if i want to monsta line the door jams and where the hardtop sits. The part that folds and where the doors go(dont know how to describe it):confused: But i was wondering if the people who did do it have any problems with the doors shutting or with the hard top. I dont think it should be a problem but dont wanna have to sand it off if the doors dont like it.:laugh: Any tips for prep or when i roll it on? Thanks

#59,275 ·
What did I do to the yj? piss pounded it for a week in CO, 5 days of wheeling and drove 2005 miles round trip. The altitude was robbing alot of power and making my fuel pump scream like a banshee. Was screaming after 15 hour drive home too. Other than that no breakage, just a leaky trans line and groaning steering.

Coney flats with tecksjeep

This was on top of bald mountain a little over 11k feet.
Ahhh man, I would have hit coney flats with you guys. I love that trail.

#59,279 ·
My custom LED headlights are mounted and aimed pretty good at this point. They will be going into production shortly through Black Mamba Off-road. I think they are going to sell for $300. What do you guys think. Here are some day and night pics

Daytime:

Night, just low beams

Night, high beams

Black mamba headlights with 20" led bar and 3" led cubes