What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2963 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #44431
90YJack
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

I have another one for you. Just haven't send it out yet.
Copy that. This works for now. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #44432
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Forgot to post a pic of one of my tasks.

With the metalcloak fenders installed, there is a choice between installing the stock coolant overflow bottle and the windshield washer reservoir. Being that I had a stock hardtop, and the coolant is necessary to driving, I opted to shelf the double motor reservoir and do without. After it bothering me for a while and needing it in snow on a trail, I decided to make my way to the auto parts store to rifle through the washer pumps they had sitting on the shelves and made off with two for a replacement reservoir on the brain. I found an old square water bottle for some Costco vitamin packets you add to water and decided it would be perfect. I drilled two 11/16" holes and inserted the pumps and wired them up to the respective switches and hoses.

It ain't pretty, but it makes the bugs go away. Anyone know where to get the hardtop wiper/washer switch? Mine isn't working.
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #44433
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
It wasn't my jeep that got the work done, its usually always someone else's in my shop. I will post a bit of a write up on my doings today though.
So you farm and own a repair shop?
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #44434
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
They go pretty quickly and they're not fun to drill out. Luckily they start you off center punched. I'm wondering if tht was considered into the design.
Cut a pie piece shape out of it and use an air chisel. It works everytime for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #44435
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well I figured out my no start issue, mud had got the best of the starter and I just had to swap that out. No biggie. But I still have a hesitation when I stab the throttle. Its not at a specific rpm though, its only when I hit the gas REALLY fast. I can roll into a full throttle and it wont spit sputter or nothing which makes me think its not fuel related atleast. Not too sure on this one. What sensors could cause that, that I can try testing?
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #44436
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
Well I figured out my no start issue, mud had got the best of the starter and I just had to swap that out. No biggie. But I still have a hesitation when I stab the throttle. Its not at a specific rpm though, its only when I hit the gas REALLY fast. I can roll into a full throttle and it wont spit sputter or nothing which makes me think its not fuel related atleast. Not too sure on this one. What sensors could cause that, that I can try testing?
Tps and map off the top of my head. Vacuum leak is more likely though

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #44437
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Spent 10 hours washing it yesterday, damn you mud!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #44438
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
So you farm and own a repair shop?
The shop is solely to sustain the farm equipment. I just sneak a jeep in every now and then. With as many people that need help, it might seem like its a repair shop, huh?
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #44439
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ordered a nice new rear drive shaft..... I may finally get my jeep on road here this weekend. This two week transmission job is now in week 5
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #44440
rawlston
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone need a factory air box?

img_20130518_175826-1.jpg

I'll send the k&n replacement filter with it too. I have both posted to CL but I'll let someone on here have ot for the price of shipping.

Same deal with this.

img_20130304_224123-1.jpg
Pocket
"Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat."
rawlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #44441
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

That's a great deal!! I will take it. I know dirtkar needs one
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #44442
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Forgot to post a pic of one of my tasks.

With the metalcloak fenders installed, there is a choice between installing the stock coolant overflow bottle and the windshield washer reservoir. Being that I had a stock hardtop, and the coolant is necessary to driving, I opted to shelf the double motor reservoir and do without. After it bothering me for a while and needing it in snow on a trail, I decided to make my way to the auto parts store to rifle through the washer pumps they had sitting on the shelves and made off with two for a replacement reservoir on the brain. I found an old square water bottle for some Costco vitamin packets you add to water and decided it would be perfect. I drilled two 11/16" holes and inserted the pumps and wired them up to the respective switches and hoses.

It ain't pretty, but it makes the bugs go away. Anyone know where to get the hardtop wiper/washer switch? Mine isn't working.
Awesome! I've been hunting for the right kind of bottle to do the same thing myself. Been to the JY a few times hunting with no luck. I'll hit the dollar store up, they always have weird sized/shaped water bottles around here.

Thanks for the idea!

While I'm on the subject, anyone know where I could get some new washer fluid sprayer nozzles? Only place I found them was Jeephut and after two months they finally emailed me and said they could no longer get them.
Otherwise I'll have to rig something else up cause mine are fused shut with crap.

Oh and lastly, anyone want 2" BL pucks and bolts? Cost of shipping and they're yours!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #44443
rawlston
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's a great deal!! I will take it. I know dirtkar needs one
Which one?
Pocket
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #44444
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlston View Post
Which one?
Air box. Lemme call him and make sure he still needs it.
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #44445
rawlston
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Air box. Lemme call him and make sure he still needs it.
Ok. If he does just pm me adress and I'll figure out what shipping is.
Pocket

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.