What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2957 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 05-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #44341
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveatibiza View Post
Can someone explain to me why a '00 WJ TB wouldn't work in my 2.5?
dunno what the difference in TB is about, is it a 4.0? In which case you need to swap the IAC from the 2.5l to the 4.0l one. When I did the swap it would redline or it would not idle. I had to drive around for a day with to IAC, idling manually :|

[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #44342
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail81 View Post
mine might be doing the same thing(warning me). It clicks about every 8 or 9 time. sometime it will go all day working perfect. And its a brand new starter
I replaced the battery when mine did that last year... it's been fine since.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #44343
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Installed new pair of seat belts. Got the ones from Quadratec (seatbelt solutions).. Got two for the driver side initially but the awesome folks from qtec fixed that immediately and i am super impressed with the way they do business! Props to these guys!

They are not an exact copy but appear good quality, sturdy product.

Also changed the driver side motor mount which was torn but didn't get to see that till i took it off it only looked squished from under the jeep.
atldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #44344
liveatibiza
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA

dunno what the difference in TB is about, is it a 4.0? In which case you need to swap the IAC from the 2.5l to the 4.0l one. When I did the swap it would redline or it would not idle. I had to drive around for a day with to IAC, idling manually :|
I swapped everything from my 2.5 TB onto the '00 TB and when I fired it up, the engine was wife open even though the TB was closed....
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #44345
liveatibiza
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA

Yes it's a 4.0.
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #44346
liveatibiza
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveatibiza

I swapped everything from my 2.5 TB onto the '00 TB and when I fired it up, the engine was wife open even though the TB was closed....
Wife open=not bad. WIDE open=bad. I'd start it, and the engine was redlined. Scared the eff outta me.
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #44347
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Got my reservoir mounted on the b pillar roll bar and I will wire it all up Sunday with the rest of the wrenching on other jeeps
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #44348
rawlston
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveatibiza View Post

Did you swap the whole idle air unit or just the plastic pieces? I just did a tb swap and had to swap the whole iac assembly because the plastic plunger thing was a smaller diameter on the 2.5. If you did just swap the plastic plungers then the air is getting through the iac causing it to run wide open.
Pocket
"Guns kill people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat."
rawlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #44349
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice!
My buddy with the JKU just bought a couple fittings for his 80lbs scuba tanks so we can use them to air up after a trail. He has all the gear to refill them in his garage so it's a pretty sweet deal for the time being!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #44350
rawlston
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

Nice!
My buddy with the JKU just bought a couple fittings for his 80lbs scuba tanks so we can use them to air up after a trail. He has all the gear to refill them in his garage so it's a pretty sweet deal for the time being!

Cheers
What gases do scuba tanks run?
Pocket
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #44351
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlston View Post
What gases do scuba tanks run?
For actually diving it's a purified 02/no2 mix (not quite sure. He's a dive instructor and I've only dived a few times so I don't know much about the gear yet) but he can also just fill them with ambient compressed air, which we'll do for filling up tires.

We tested it and the 80lbs tank will fill 8 tires from 10 psi to 35 psi so not bad!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #44352
rawlston
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post

For actually diving it's a purified 02/no2 mix (not quite sure. He's a dive instructor and I've only dived a few times so I don't know much about the gear yet) but he can also just fill them with ambient compressed air, which we'll do for filling up tires.

We tested it and the 80lbs tank will fill 8 tires from 10 psi to 35 psi so not bad!

Cheers
Ah ok. Yeah I don't know anything about it I was wondering how much oxygen they had in them but if you're using compressed air it doesn't matter. We don't want tires exploding cuz they're full of oxygen ...although it would look pretty cool
Pocket
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #44353
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I made my own "oh crap" handles from paracord an D-rings. Looks pretty cool.

Sent from my space using JeepForum
JeepingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #44354
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Made this thing work with the solid shaft today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I am kinda partial to white.
Quote:
That's racist, Chris.
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #44355
liveatibiza
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlston

Did you swap the whole idle air unit or just the plastic pieces? I just did a tb swap and had to swap the whole iac assembly because the plastic plunger thing was a smaller diameter on the 2.5. If you did just swap the plastic plungers then the air is getting through the iac causing it to run wide open.
The 2000 WJ connections are a bit different from the YJ so I swapped the YJ connections into the WJ TB, didn't change anything other than that.... Didn't think there was a huge difference between throttle bodies.. I left B - unhooked for ~15 mins, and it still rev limited...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.