What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2937 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #44041
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoore-on View Post
I think I got them off E-bay. They were under $30. with shipping. It took me longer to get the pitman arm off than to do the rest of the process!

There are 2 seals stacked on top of each other in there.
Thanks for the info man. I am gonna look into this. My gear box is still tight and works great other than the niagra falls of PS fluid that comes out every time I turn or shut the engine off.. I am gonna put some ATF in it for now. Hopefully that will stop the leak for a week or two while I order parts. I cant complain to much. The PS gear box has almost 280,000 miles on it.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #44042
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Got my led lights in. Can't post a picture. Apparently the picture is to big.

sweeeeeeeeet, can't wait to see what you'll do with those suckers
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #44043
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA

sweeeeeeeeet, can't wait to see what you'll do with those suckers
With 16' I hope I'll be able to do something cool. :laugh. Is that plug on the end for the power converter to ac?
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #44044
juicyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post

I've looked at those before but they're like $400 if I'm thinking of the same one. I'm probably just gonna go with a Durango box, but ill check those out again. I've heard nothing but the best about PSC
I run a PSC as well. Worth every cent.

love my jeep
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #44045
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to get a definitive parts list together for the ford Taurus fan swap. It seems like the more reading I do, the more complicated and confusing it seems.
Sounded easy at first but (btw wiring is my weakest point right now...) the more I read, I think I'm getting information overload. Is there a single thread/write up that spells it out that hasn't blown up to 50+ pages, with a little info hidden on each page? Apparently my search skills aren't as great as I thought they were.

/frazzled

Thanks in advance boys and girls.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #44046
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
I'm trying to get a definitive parts list together for the ford Taurus fan swap. It seems like the more reading I do, the more complicated and confusing it seems.
Sounded easy at first but (btw wiring is my weakest point right now...) the more I read, I think I'm getting information overload. Is there a single thread/write up that spells it out that hasn't blown up to 50+ pages, with a little info hidden on each page? Apparently my search skills aren't as great as I thought they were.

/frazzled

Thanks in advance boys and girls.

Cheers
Fan
Volvo relay
Saab inline housing for the upper rad. hose
VW/Porsche thermo switch
Few feet of 12g wire w connectors.
30a switch for the manual on/off

I don't think I'm missing anything but if I am, definitely chime it peeps. It's a pretty easy swap. I did it in an afternoon and I'm not super electrically incline. I used one of the revised diagrams on the Taurus fan swap thread.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #44047
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

When you get it figured out, make a short, to the point, pics included post or thread.
I have two fans sitting on a shelf. I too went into infoverload.
Seems a relay, a toggle switch, temp sensor, wire and a fan should be all you would need.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #44048
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ

Fan
Volvo relay
VW/Porsche thermo switch

I don't think I'm missing anything but if I am, definitely chime it peeps. It's a pretty easy swap. I did it in an afternoon and I'm not super electrically incline. I used one of the revised diagrams on the Taurus fan swap thread.
I don't think you'd need a 30a switch if you're connecting to the Volvo relay for manual on/off. And if you aren't using the Volvo for manual on off I figure you'd need another relay?
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #44049
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Fan
Volvo relay
VW/Porsche thermo switch

Printing the list right now
Thanks bud! If I run into problems, I'll PM ya about them if that's cool. I wasn't able to make it to the JY yesterday as planned; had to help some friends move, but I'll make it on Saturday to source parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
When you get it figured out, make a short, to the point, pics included post or thread.
I have two fans sitting on a shelf. I too went into infoverload.
Seems a relay, a toggle switch, temp sensor, wire and a fan should be all you would need.
Will do! Gotta pay it forward...

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #44050
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hand washed it for the very first time. It was a nice bonding experience.
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #44051
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Ahhhh, so sweet!
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #44052
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
With 16' I hope I'll be able to do something cool. :laugh. Is that plug on the end for the power converter to ac?
Barrel jack on one end for power in, most 120v->12v DC wallplugs fit into that, the other end of two wires is for adding more strips. I just cut off the barrel jack and soldered on the connections I wanted
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #44053
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
when I hand wash my girlfriend I end up getting oh wait this is a family site

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #44054
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Printing the list right now
There is an easier way... Yes you can source all of those parts. The inline temp housing is the tricky one. There is a kit that you can get from Kragen or whatever your local jobber is that is all inclusive and runs about $40. I will look back at the original thread for the part number I posted. That way all you need is the fan. I have the Volvo relays if you still want to go that route. You are welcome to them.
EDIT: Here's the link. It's made by Hayden
http://www.haydenauto.com/new%20prod...r/content.aspx

Here's the thread that got me started.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...cheap-1325896/

Looks like my pics got moved in my Photobucket in this thread...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/taurus-fan-1456872/
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #44055
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA

Barrel jack on one end for power in, most 120v->12v DC wallplugs fit into that, the other end of two wires is for adding more strips. I just cut off the barrel jack and soldered on the connections I wanted
Barrel jack. Have to remember that lol. Thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.