What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2873 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #43081
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Get some Brown Dog 1 inch motor mounts. It lifts the front of the engine. I did that and got rid of the t-case drop.
^^ Perfect!

It's tough at first, they later you ask yourself why you waited so long.
Hmmmm that's a great idea. Since I'll eventually TT it, I'll need the MML anyways. I can justify that one. I'll look into it.
And thanks. The next month or two is going to suck major bawls, but I'm hoping if I fill them up with enough Jeep/Friends/Activities/Beer that it'll pass quickly and relatively painlessly. I see LOTS of weekend wheeling trips in my near future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
hows your pinion angle with the t case drop? i have some 4 degree shims i just bought but wont be using
No vibes with the t-case drop. It's still about 1* low I think (haven't actually measured the angle) but it works great with the t-case drop. I think the OME springs came with 2.5* shims, so 4* sounds right. I'll measure the angle one day soon and figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exige05 View Post
One year today for me..... Best thing that ever happened was my fiancé leaving looking back, she was my best friend of 9 years too. Things will look up
Thanks man. Thanks to all you YJ guys. Really helping me out.

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #43082
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
No vibes with the t-case drop. It's still about 1* low I think (haven't actually measured the angle) but it works great with the t-case drop. I think the OME springs came with 2.5* shims, so 4* sounds right. I'll measure the angle one day soon and figure that out.
Cheers
lemme know if you want em, i was gonna give em to a buddy but he started bein a little ***** lol. i also have an 8.8 sitting in my garage that he still hasnt paid me for that im trying to find something to do with lol
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #43083
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmmmm that's a great idea. Since I'll eventually TT it, I'll need the MML anyways. I can justify that one. I'll look into it.
And thanks. The next month or two is going to suck major bawls, but I'm hoping if I fill them up with enough Jeep/Friends/Activities/Beer that it'll pass quickly and relatively painlessly. I see LOTS of weekend wheeling trips in my near future....

The Brown Dog mounts are really well built.
I spent the extra couple bux and got the ones with the rubber grommets instead of polyurethane. No engine vibration at all. I don't know if the other ones do have engine vibration, but my logic told me rubber was more absorbent to vibration. My two cents.....
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #43084
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
lemme know if you want em, i was gonna give em to a buddy but he started bein a little ***** lol. i also have an 8.8 sitting in my garage that he still hasnt paid me for that im trying to find something to do with lol
Thanks bud
Will do. Too bad you didn't live close lol. I would totally buy your 8.8 and take advantage of your fab skills!

Cheers
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #43085
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Brown Dog mounts are really well built.
I spent the extra couple bux and got the ones with the rubber grommets instead of polyurethane. No engine vibration at all. I don't know if the other ones do have engine vibration, but my logic told me rubber was more absorbent to vibration. My two cents.....
Are the MML your talking about just the 1" spacers? I already have Brown Dog motor mounts, but I haven't inspected them that closely (they were used for my 2.5 to 4.0 motor swap.) I wonder if they are adjustable?

Cheers
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #43086
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Found an 8.8!
Called around to a bunch of yards today, and the one that I've had great luck with, just got in a 96 explorer with 4.10s. They want $250 for it, but it's a "they pull it" yard so that's not a bad price. My local PP yard wants $190.00 so I figure 60 bucks to save myself a few hours of work ain't half bad! They said they can have it pulled and ready for me by Monday/Tuesday. It's about freaking time!

Cheers
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #43087
Platypus
Built In The Rain

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Found an 8.8!
Called around to a bunch of yards today, and the one that I've had great luck with, just got in a 96 explorer with 4.10s. They want $250 for it, but it's a "they pull it" yard so that's not a bad price. My local PP yard wants $190.00 so I figure 60 bucks to save myself a few hours of work ain't half bad! They said they can have it pulled and ready for me by Monday/Tuesday. It's about freaking time!

Cheers
That is freaking sweet! Ugh, I need to just do work on the 9" and quit stalling

Sent for me by R2-D2
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #43088
Platypus
Built In The Rain

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Pulled it out today..

Sent for me by R2-D2
image-153847321.jpg  
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #43089
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Are the MML your talking about just the 1" spacers? I already have Brown Dog motor mounts, but I haven't inspected them that closely (they were used for my 2.5 to 4.0 motor swap.) I wonder if they are adjustable?

Cheers
No they are a motor mount that is one inch higher than stock. There is a company that makes a spacer, but I just didn't trust it.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #43090
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Found an 8.8!

Cheers
Nice!

$250 is a good price.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #43091
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Nice!

$250 is a good price.
i only paid 103.36 for mine

But still 250.00 is not bad

i tried to figure out my mpg in the yj and found out that when going 55mph im really doing 75mph

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #43092
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post
i tried to figure out my mpg in the yj and found out that when going 55mph im really ding 75mph
Why is everybody going so slow! The speed limit is 55 not 35!
Steve707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #43093
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Pulled it out today..

Sent for me by R2-D2
Sick. I really like the look of that. The black grill and the red cage makes it look mean as hell!

Quote:
No they are a motor mount that is one inch higher than stock. There is a company that makes a spacer, but I just didn't trust it.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonjm View Post
Nice!

$250 is a good price.
It's not bad. Better than nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post
i only paid 103.36 for mine

But still 250.00 is not bad

i tried to figure out my mpg in the yj and found out that when going 55mph im really ding 75mph
Butthole. I wish prices were that low around here.
Wow that's way off! I think mine is way off now too. It was already about 5mph off at 60mph with my bald 33s (they only measured 31" when I yanked them) and now with the 35s, going 55 on the freeway, I'm passing people. I should check it with gps at some point.

Cheers
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #43094
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Butthole. I wish prices were that low around here.
Wow that's way off! I think mine is way off now too. It was already about 5mph off at 60mph with my bald 33s (they only measured 31" when I yanked them) and now with the 35s, going 55 on the freeway, I'm passing people. I should check it with gps at some point.

Cheers
yeah would be a good idea to check,

but still 250.00 is not bad ive see people paying more than that so good score

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #43095
90YJack
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got rid of all of this...not sure what it all does, but it sure doesn't effect anything running. Replaced my oil pressure sensor...gauge is still pegged to the right. Need a new gauge. Getting ready to start nutter bypass...anybody got any advice in how not to do it, how to do it, what to take off and what to not?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.