What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #346
Wildwil

Today I put on my New Pro Comp 35x12.5 good by old mud brute 33 wanna be's. Also added Silver star head lights, Throttle Body Spacer And gave her a good was and wax. Was a nive day so I had the top off and enjoyed the warm weather!

[COLOR=White]White Jeep Club Member #43[/COLOR]
94 Islander 4.0 Modified
4 inch Skyjacker soft ride (no SYE)
1.1/2 shackels, 3 inch body lift
35inch Pro Comps
4 point belts,Ramsey Winch,custom bumbers,custom
[COLOR=DarkRed]LED[/COLOR] tail lights
Super 35 kit with elec locker 4.56 gears
Wildwil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #347
YJBlues
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjoe
if i dont have the ebrake cables that go from the T juction to the wheels will they replace those if i do the ebrake recall?
I don't know for sure, but since mine were rusted solid and inoperable, I bet they will. Call and ask.
YJBlues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #348
Yule16MET

Whats this recall? never heard of it. I tried a search/no luck
1990 YJ lerado,Soa,2.5R.E.springs,8.8,4.88'sPSC trail cage&rocker nockers w/sliderbars,home made bumpers, 35"boggers,sye, tomwoodsds, revolvers, red & yellow optima, bushwackers,corbeua ss seats,mc2100,juicebox, 3core rad., b&mshifter and highlift,5point harnesses,wheel spacers,9000lb mile marker,ssdash kit,no sway bar, no trackbar, walmart lights,clinometer, XJ passenger shaft, axle tube seals, M.O.R.E track bar

And a Monster Yellow CJ5
40x17's 12"lift full cage
Blackjeepclub #16
Armyjeepclub #16-#1
yellowjeepclub #BIG16
Yule16MET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #349
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I put in my onboard air system.
1998zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #350
YJBlues
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yule16MET
Whats this recall? never heard of it. I tried a search/no luck
File Date 2/11/2002
Mfr. Involved DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION
NHTSA Campaign # 02V041000
Mfr. Campaign # B03
Component Affected PARKING BRAKE:CONVENTIONAL
# Vehicles Affected 316148
Defect ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS, THE PARKING BRAKE CAN SELF-RELEASE WITHOUT WARNING.
Consequence THIS COULD ALLOW THE VEHICLE TO ROLL AWAY, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Corrective Action DEALERS WILL INSTALL A PARKING BRAKE ASSEMBLY WITH A STRONGER PAWL RETURN SPRING. OWNER NOTIFICATON BEGAN SEPTEMBER 30, 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
YJBlues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #351
noshine4mine

Drove

Drove 50 minutes with no track bar, no sway bar, and no rear shocks. Needless to say I broke no speed limits on the way home :P
Dana 30 4.56Gears + ezlocker
Ford 8.8 4.56 Gears + Lock Right
35x14.5x15
Atlas 9500
4x4 posi lock

Originally posted by jb_adams
:bowdown:
Oh great tire God, bless these tires for the mud they are about to receive. Let them strike swiftly with devastation to all those mudholes who oppose them!

Amen Brother!!
noshine4mine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:23 AM   #352
hawaiihomeboy

Newbie here...did my first modifications to my first Jeep I ever owned, that I purchased only a few weeks ago (actually, traded my Harley Softail for the YJ plus $2700 cash).

So today, I installed a throttle body spacer and K&N air filter. There is a noticeable improvement in the performance. Small, but noticeable. Currently, the Jeep gets 17.7 MPG...hopefully, it'll get better with today's mods.

Have a box of Pacesetter headers waiting to be installed. Doubt if I'll ever get to that soon -- looks like a formidable project.

Also have a Procomp 4" suspension lift waiting to be installed (yes, yes, I know how you'all feel about Procomp and Four Wheel Parts. But since we have a local Four Wheel Parts store, I went ahead and bought it anyways out of sheer convenience). Couldn't start working on the suspension because one of the lug bolts is rounded and won't come off no matter what I do. So I figure I'll go over to the Four Wheel Parts store, purchase a set of 15"x8" offset rims, and have them deal with the rounded lug nut as they change out my tires for me.

Oh, and I slipped on a neoprene steering wheel cover, and some aluminum racing pedals for the clutch/brake/gas pedals.
hawaiihomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #353
got_4_lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiihomeboy
Newbie here...did my first modifications to my first Jeep I ever owned, that I purchased only a few weeks ago (actually, traded my Harley Softail for the YJ plus $2700 cash).

So today, I installed a throttle body spacer and K&N air filter. There is a noticeable improvement in the performance. Small, but noticeable. Currently, the Jeep gets 17.7 MPG...hopefully, it'll get better with today's mods.

Have a box of Pacesetter headers waiting to be installed. Doubt if I'll ever get to that soon -- looks like a formidable project.

Also have a Procomp 4" suspension lift waiting to be installed (yes, yes, I know how you'all feel about Procomp and Four Wheel Parts. But since we have a local Four Wheel Parts store, I went ahead and bought it anyways out of sheer convenience). Couldn't start working on the suspension because one of the lug bolts is rounded and won't come off no matter what I do. So I figure I'll go over to the Four Wheel Parts store, purchase a set of 15"x8" offset rims, and have them deal with the rounded lug nut as they change out my tires for me.

Oh, and I slipped on a neoprene steering wheel cover, and some aluminum racing pedals for the clutch/brake/gas pedals.
they will charge you extra to remove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #354
superjoe

take it to a JoeBlow tire shop and have them take off that lug shouldnt cost more then 5bucks
()_) ()_)----)_)
superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #355
Yule16MET

You got robbed on the Harley/jeep deal. should have traded strait up

and theres nothing wrong with Pro Comp. You can run without a roll bar and rear track bar without any affects
1990 YJ lerado,Soa,2.5R.E.springs,8.8,4.88'sPSC trail cage&rocker nockers w/sliderbars,home made bumpers, 35"boggers,sye, tomwoodsds, revolvers, red & yellow optima, bushwackers,corbeua ss seats,mc2100,juicebox, 3core rad., b&mshifter and highlift,5point harnesses,wheel spacers,9000lb mile marker,ssdash kit,no sway bar, no trackbar, walmart lights,clinometer, XJ passenger shaft, axle tube seals, M.O.R.E track bar

And a Monster Yellow CJ5
Blackjeepclub #16
Armyjeepclub #16-#1
yellowjeepclub #BIG16
Unread 02-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #356
94YJ H.O.

When you get it back from the shop, make sure you double check the torque on the shackles. If they tighten those down too much (which is likely due to the fact they use airtools on everything) then it will ride like a tank.

Welcome and dont forget to

My NEW [url="http://www.rigrater.com"]RigRater[/url] Score: 406RRv1.0 with a BOA of 31.60
94YJ H.O. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #357
Yule16MET

What is the torque soposed to be on the shackles?

And a Monster Yellow CJ5
Blackjeepclub #16
Armyjeepclub #16-#1
yellowjeepclub #BIG16
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #358
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yule16MET
You got robbed on the Harley/jeep deal. should have traded strait up

and theres nothing wrong with Pro Comp. You can run without a roll bar and rear track bar without any affects
i think you mean sway bar. no way would i want to wheel a jeep without a roll bar

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #359
noshine4mine

Dropped off at shop to install M.O.R.E. rear shock extensions. Pleaded the 5th whent the mechanic told me it was a half inch think where he drilled.

Next it goes to the muffler shop.
Dana 30 4.56Gears + ezlocker
Ford 8.8 4.56 Gears + Lock Right
35x14.5x15
Atlas 9500
4x4 posi lock

Originally posted by jb_adams
:bowdown:
Oh great tire God, bless these tires for the mud they are about to receive. Let them strike swiftly with devastation to all those mudholes who oppose them!

Amen Brother!!
noshine4mine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #360
Flashfoto
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Shop is installing the Tera 2 low and Tera 4:1 kit in my transfer case. I pick it up, tonite!
Flashfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.