What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #31546
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA
Removed the starter motor, driveshaft, unplugged wires etc but I cant get the last 2 (maybe 3?) bolts that hold the trans to the motor...
The top ones? There are 2 - 12 point not 6 like the rest

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #31547
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA
Removed the starter motor, driveshaft, unplugged wires etc but I cant get the last 2 (maybe 3?) bolts that hold the trans to the motor...
Beat me to it. I didn't put those back in after my trans swap. Lol. I know I know. ......whatever though.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #31548
sahunta94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Last edited by sahunta94yj; 09-18-2012 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: delete
sahunta94yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #31549
sahunta94yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trboxman
Where did you get those cup holders?
They were a gift I think my cousin got them off eBay
sahunta94yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #31550
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Put on the club window sticker

forumrunner_20120918_193550.jpg

And found that if I jump the auto shut down relay like shown below the Jeep will start, but with a relay in there nothing happens ... now to figure out why this occurs ... thinking ecm ...

forumrunner_20120918_193721.jpg

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #31551
StidgeInTN
1998 ZJ 

Just sponged out about a gallon of water. We got alot of rain here in Knoxville yesterday and today so I drove the ZJ to work. Got home knowing there would be some in the Front floorboards, but also alot behind the seats too. There wasn't enough in the front to flow behind the seats. I've got a good top (I think) no tears or anything. Might as well just leave the top off.
image-2645414296.jpg  
StidgeInTN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #31552
jcmooreusmc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to upgrading the charge wire on my 136 amp alternator that I swapped in. Went big and put 1/0. Also cleaned it up a bit and threw on my A to Z sticker. UPS dropped off my new mirrors, so I mounted them. Didn't like the way they stuck out so far, so I just swapped the left and right, did a little bending with the vise, and got my desired results.
clean-jeep.jpg   horsepower.jpg   driver-mirror.jpg   passenger-mirror.jpg  
jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #31553
GreskoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Removed front and rear trac bars and front swaybar. Hoping to get better articulation out of the thing. MAYBE gained an inch. It starts to threewheel after getting one wheel about 16" off the ground. Anyone know why that might be? Believe it has a 2.5" Procomp lift springs on it....
GreskoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #31554
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Probably the bumpstops kicking in.
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #31555
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
The top ones? There are 2 - 12 point not 6 like the rest

LOL 3 bolts then, I didn't see those two at all... I've never done this before and I'm kinda winging it off of the clutch replacement thread and my Haynes manual.

I got about as far as getting everything disco'd and dropping the skid plate.

My camera battery died so I didn't take a pic...but I found the source of the weird rattle. on the underside of the tranny is the brace (two bolts then bolt to skid). On the drivers side it looks like two rubber pucks through a bolt and they're just rattling around

But all that aside... Brown Santa came today
p1020190-small-.jpg  
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #31556
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
the underside of the tranny is the brace (two bolts then bolt to skid). On the drivers side it looks like two rubber pucks through a bolt and they're just rattling around
That is a stabilizer for the tranny to help prevent twisting. I have sheared off 2 of those bolts that stick through the skid plate, kind of a bad design (just like the tranny mount on the AX5) my AX15 has recessed tranny bolts much smarter idea.

Unread 09-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #31557
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
That is a stabilizer for the tranny to help prevent twisting. I have sheared off 2 of those bolts that stick through the skid plate, kind of a bad design (just like the tranny mount on the AX5) my AX15 has recessed tranny bolts much smarter idea.
hmm thanks for the info, I guess I'll try and get the thing apart and put a new nut/bolt in but upside down if possible... it looks like it was hanging out further because the end of the bolt that was poking through looked like it had snapped at some point.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #31558
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
hmm thanks for the info, I guess I'll try and get the thing apart and put a new nut/bolt in but upside down if possible... it looks like it was hanging out further because the end of the bolt that was poking through looked like it had snapped at some point.
The stock one has threads on both ends, but if you are going to try that I would use a grade 8 bolt and put the treads sticking up so they are less likely to get messed up ... Which will be what I am going to do when I get back under there to fix my broken tranny mount. That is after I get the damn thing running

Unread 09-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #31559
predat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

spent some time out of labs trying to locate a radiator replacement since my funds will not allow for a brand new one that I want. Trying to find compatible ones to shop for at the local yards.
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #31560
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by predat View Post
spent some time out of labs trying to locate a radiator replacement since my funds will not allow for a brand new one that I want. Trying to find compatible ones to shop for at the local yards.
what engine do you have/ size rad do you need?
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.