What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2068 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 09-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #31006
HuggyBear911
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced the battery cables, with marine terminals, and included several additional ground wires (frame, alternator, and fender). I've been having electrical issues since I got the Jeep last year and thought this would help (couldn't hurt right). Now the Jeep runs great, better than it ever has, until it just randomly shuts off and I loose all electrical power. It died on the way to work, and with the key on, I could watch the electrical system come on and go off multiple times. She didn't leave me stranded but something is definitely shorting out somewhere.

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #31007
cyoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hit Tractor Supply for an 1/2" stainless washer to get my passenger side mirror to tighten up on the top flange of the relocation bracket. That, plus moving the included thick washer to the top of the spacer gave it enough room to clear my old Daylighter for viewing through the windshield. Before it wobbled so I had it zip tied to the Daylighter to keep it more stable. I used double back tape to keep the washers and spacer in place while I tightened it.
mirror-spacers.jpg   mirror-view.jpg  
cyoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #31008
cyoos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I also told her Happy Anniversary. We've been together 20 years this week, and it's always been a pleasure to roll with 'er.
jeep-drivers-side.jpg  
cyoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #31009
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My Kenwood cable came today, just plugged it in and it registers and an AUX input. No need to change stereos, now I can play it direct off my phone or ipod with this one
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #31010
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

got the body back on
body-back-.jpg  

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #31011
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
got the body back on
Getting closer! I know you can't wait to get that thing back on the street! Good luck man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #31012
4x4-fun

4x4-fun

I took off the T-Handle from the back lift gate. It is all rotten, and needs to have the working mechanism replaced. Anyone know where to find it? I have been on Quadratec, JC Whitney, and a few others, but none show the center mechanism where the cables connect to the handle. HELP!!
4x4-fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #31013
copenhagenfiend
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Dropped 20 gallon tank to replace rotten fill hose. Who designed the ends to be different IDs!? waiting on Quadratec now...
copenhagenfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #31014
YJ475
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Have you tried Rock Auto? They usually have all the stuff.
YJ475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #31015
snail81
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Got my 5.3 motor mounts built
snail81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #31016
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The key would not turn the starter so I jumped the starter and got it running for just over a minute. Now I have to figure out why the starter won't work with the key and then assemble the rest of it and take it for a test drive ...

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #31017
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
The key would not turn the starter so I jumped the starter and got it running for just over a minute. Now I have to figure out why the starter won't work with the key and then assemble the rest of it and take it for a test drive ...
I think you should post a video of it running though!!
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #31018
GreskoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Today I installed an electric fan. Not sure how much it might help, but got rid of that huge ugly fan shroud and mechanical fan. Sure cleans up under the hood, I like the way that looks.
GreskoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #31019
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreskoYJ View Post
Today I installed an electric fan. Not sure how much it might help, but got rid of that huge ugly fan shroud and mechanical fan. Sure cleans up under the hood, I like the way that looks.
I should think about doing that... Going through muddy water the other day I sprayed the **** out of under the hood with the water.

In the meantime I may have to do what the Land Rover guys do and stick a blanket/weighted tarp over the grille to push the water away instead of into the grille and radiator
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #31020
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Today, I was told by a nosy power trippin HOA ***** that I was not allowed to work on my Jeep in my driveway. I'm only allowed to top off my oil/coolant (not change it) or change a tire n other such things. I was gettin rdy to build up my roll cage. I'm LiViD.
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.