What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 2002 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #30016
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Now I can't get one if everyone else has one already. :-(

Unread 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #30017
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Installed my full cage raingler nets tonight and received my 8.8 OX locker in the mail. The raingler nets are good quality. However the side nets are a tad loose. I spent $310 for the full system ($350 with shipping...). For that price, the side nets should be a better fit. It'll have to do tho. Got a couple more complaints about the company. For one, they charge me $40 for shipping (USPS priority mail from colorado to maryland) for a package that could not have cost them more than $20 max. I ordered the R5 system and then called them the next day to add the side nets to my order. They ended up charging me shipping twice but sent it all in 1 package. But thats not the worst part. I ordered these on July 15 and received them August 6 altho they told me that they shipped it on the 17th. I had to email them twice within that 3 week period to get things going. After my 2nd email, i was informed that my package had been "found" and that it would be there today. No apology for obviously forgetting to ship it to me. If you want a good quality net system, go for it. But they wont get any rave reviews from me for anything else.

Edit: after some back and forth with ed cline (the owner of the company), everything has been resolved. No more complaints from me. They handled their business as they should. 2 thumbs up for raingler.
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #30018
jresch10
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I bought it.
1989_yj.jpg  
jresch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #30019
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
They go on the corners of the grill toward the fenders. I found it easiest to just notch out the new blocks and slip them over the existing screws and sandwich them down rather than install them as per the directions. My torx didn't reach well inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdij View Post
I don't have a stock radiator anymore... and don't remember how it mounts... but those look like the grill to frame mounts... between the grill and the frame rails.

Edit... not to self: refresh before posting... Anticanman beat me to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
I've done the same thing. I even applied epoxy to make sure they stay put.
Thanks for the help guys! I found the spot. The instructions really sucked for this step...
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #30020
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

New front brake lines mostly installed.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #30021
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up this bad boy from UPS today:

NP241OR Rubicon Case w/ ~55k miles on it. The yoke and flange are pretty rusty but other than that it appears to be in pretty good condition.

Can't wait to get it installed!

Unread 08-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #30022
YJ475
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jresch10 View Post
I bought it.
You better take it back--they forgot to throw in the rust! Great looking vehicle.
YJ475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #30023
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
Picked up this bad boy from UPS today:

NP241OR Rubicon Case w/ ~55k miles on it. The yoke and flange are pretty rusty but other than that it appears to be in pretty good condition.

Can't wait to get it installed!

How much did that set you back?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #30024
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratostix View Post
Installed my full cage raingler nets tonight and received my 8.8 OX locker in the mail. The raingler nets are good quality. However the side nets are a tad loose. I spent $310 for the full system ($350 with shipping...). For that price, the side nets should be a better fit. It'll have to do tho. Got a couple more complaints about the company. For one, they charge me $40 for shipping (USPS priority mail from colorado to maryland) for a package that could not have cost them more than $20 max. I ordered the R5 system and then called them the next day to add the side nets to my order. They ended up charging me shipping twice but sent it all in 1 package. But thats not the worst part. I ordered these on July 15 and received them August 6 altho they told me that they shipped it on the 17th. I had to email them twice within that 3 week period to get things going. After my 2nd email, i was informed that my package had been "found" and that it would be there today. No apology for obviously forgetting to ship it to me. If you want a good quality net system, go for it. But they wont get any rave reviews from me for anything else.

PS: if I was to do it all over again, id save some $$ and choose a different company. My .02.
I had a bit of a mix up with my ordering too and I guarantee that if you call and let them know that you were overcharged then they will refund your shipping. I was not only squared away once it was all said and done but I guarantee that the quality of the product will outshine this experience. The windows take a little figuring but they will cinch up just like the rest of the nets.

You should call and ask them to make it right. They will.
Unread 08-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #30025
stratostix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I had a bit of a mix up with my ordering too and I guarantee that if you call and let them know that you were overcharged then they will refund your shipping. I was not only squared away once it was all said and done but I guarantee that the quality of the product will outshine this experience. The windows take a little figuring but they will cinch up just like the rest of the nets.

You should call and ask them to make it right. They will.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up emailing but i'll call if i dont get a reply soon. It's just been a lot of hassle for one simple order. Hopefully it'll all get squared away soon.
stratostix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #30026
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Got new rubber underneath, and my chrome rims back

-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #30027
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I got the 35's mounted today. Now I'm ready to Rock...crawl.

I also had to raise where the garage door stops rising. So the hi-lift, attached to the luggage rack, wouldn't hit it now.

[/quote]
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #30028
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good, B! Now when are you ordering the cloaks to fit those new shoes?
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #30029
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Canman, I just had the thought, as much as I've admired your rig, I've never seen a build thread on it, is there not one, or am I simply the last one in the world to find out?

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #30030
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks good, B! Now when are you ordering the cloaks to fit those new shoes?
They fit just fine.
Teraslow and new tires= no money.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.