What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 1957 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #29341
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Cleaned out the glovebox and found the original paperwork from the dealer including the owners manuals and some other misc stuff that jeep decided should go in the vehicle. It made enough room inside for some .38+P round, because you can never have too many of those. Anyone know where to get a newly rekeyed lock for the glove box or should I just buy a tuffy?
I have the Tuffy glove box. That thing is like fort knox! I recomend it!

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #29342
squarelight94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoore-on

Can you comment on the available space vs the stock glove box? From their picture it looks really shallow, almost like that flash light barely fits.
image-3578152863.jpg  
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #29343
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoore-on View Post
I was stationed at Ft Knox. Coincidence? I think I'm going to order the tuffy
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #29344
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

One note about glove boxes. My buddy pulled his dash apart for the cj dash conversion.

There is a ****load of space, that glove box could be quite a bit bigger IMHO
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #29345
bigblue92

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelight94

Can you comment on the available space vs the stock glove box? From their picture it looks really shallow, almost like that flash light barely fits.
They are very small, my 92 has a tuffy and you can barely fit anything in it, but it's better than my 91 that doesnt have a glove box.
bigblue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #29346
TJEvans
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I got the Jeep back today from the body shop. Insurance covered replacement of the entire steering column.

So, in the past 3 weeks, I've taken the Jeep to get inspected, Stereo was stolen and steering column damaged while there. Paid $1300 for a new exhaust system and all new rear brakes.

Went camping

Got a new stereo installed (thanks State Farm)

and got a new steering column.

My only complaint, is that the steering seems a bit "stiffer" than it was previously...I was used to it being a bit loose, but now it's kinda jerky, and responds REALLY well, almost too well. Is it supposed to be like this? Is it now "fixed" compared to what I was dealing with earlier?

thanks...been a long week, lets hope that nothing else happens. in the past month, I've had to go a week total without the Jeep. My rental while at the body shop was a Mazda2...tiny little roller skate!
TJEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #29347
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

So I had a fellow jf'er photoshop this for me.

forumrunner_20120712_195306.jpg

My idea is to paint the C-RES spice and sew on material and velcro so that mimics how a soft top seals around door and incorporate it with my safari top.

What do u guys think!? I think its pretty B.A.. its like the bastard child of a c-res and the rampage frameless top.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #29348
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
So I had a fellow jf'er photoshop this for me.

Attachment 431900

My idea is to paint the C-RES spice and sew on material and velcro so that mimics how a soft top seals around door and incorporate it with my safari top.

What do u guys think!? I think its pretty B.A.. its like the bastard child of a c-res and the rampage frameless top.
I like it... If you can get the door seal thingy right you should be set
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #29349
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It looks cool but as the former owner of a CRES I wouldn't suggest them to anyone. If you're looking for a better option try something from Raingler
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #29350
jfinlaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
It looks cool but as the former owner of a CRES I wouldn't suggest them to anyone. If you're looking for a better option try something from Raingler
What's wrong with the CRES? I was just looking at them the other day, thought about buying one...
[SIZE="2"]Green Jeep Club #633[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Motorcharge;13870204]You had me at bacon wrapped. :drool:[/QUOTE]
jfinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #29351
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinlaw View Post
What's wrong with the CRES? I was just looking at them the other day, thought about buying one...
They're cheaply made and stretch out easily. They seem quite stout at first but they soon develop some areas where they will pop out of the channel that holds them in. Mine lasted two summers and then I gave it away and got some Raingler nets which also double as a cargo rack. I laid on mine on the 4th and watched the fireworks show. Try that with a smittybilt product. And btw, I'm around 250lbs
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #29352
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've had the cres about 8mo now and have been completely happy w it. The raingler are cool but if I have the top on then I have no need for the net. It fits well and looks good imo.

For around the door I was thinking of the front half of the bestop soft top frame hooked up like normal. Maybe securing it to the roll bar in a few spots

My Build Thread
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #29353
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

They're cheaply made and stretch out easily. They seem quite stout at first but they soon develop some areas where they will pop out of the channel that holds them in. Mine lasted two summers and then I gave it away and got some Raingler nets which also double as a cargo rack. I laid on mine on the 4th and watched the fireworks show. Try that with a smittybilt product. And btw, I'm around 250lbs
Haha touche.

My Build Thread
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #29354
jfinlaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This inspires me to get creative with para cord... I think I can make a safari/bikini style top, weaving para cord, and using carabiners to secure it to the roll bars....
[SIZE="2"]Green Jeep Club #633[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Motorcharge;13870204]You had me at bacon wrapped. :drool:[/QUOTE]
jfinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #29355
cubewhiz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's been nearly a year since I touched the YJ (been sitting in the driveway since last summer). :/

However, I finally got some motivation back and replaced the input shaft on the NP231 from 21 spline to 23 spline. I put the planetary gears and input shaft back in and put the snap rings back on, but I need to put the covers back on and bolt it back together. I would have done it now, but I don't think I have any RTV around. :/
--------
My new Jeep: 95 ZJ with 4.0L I6 (auto trans)
cubewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.