What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #256
xeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exc911ence
it doesn't ever end, does it...
No no it wont. Everyday, you will probally find something to tighten or fix. Thats why I love my YJ .

Unread 01-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #257
Questor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by exc911ence
Discovered a fuel leak from the gas tank... it doesn't ever end, does it...
This may be right where the lines connect to the tank.

I've had this problem and heard of others who did as well. It could also be the fuel tank gasket recall!

You can drop the tank pretty easily, you basically remove the skidplate rear bolts, loosen the inner ones, support the tank and you can get access to the top to do the gasket, etc.

You can also call the dealer or use the website with your VIN to see if you're eligible for the recall.
Unread 01-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #258
exc911ence

Good advice, thanks!

In the meantime, I'll be replacing a sticky thermostat today...
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #259
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I ordered my CB equipment today, I ordered my Tuffy console on Wednesday and I ordered my flares this past weekend. All the stuff should be in around Tuesday, which leaves for a great weekend of installing stuff next week.

And before those all, I ordered the ORO tails, which hopefully will ship out soon too.
Unread 01-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #260
sandman'sjeep

Just installed new water pump,thermostat housing,thermostat (195*) and some new hoses...
sandman'sjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #261
Breathe_EZ

My brother watched his steam. Then we fixed it.
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"]Geek Offroad Member #1[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273275"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club Member # 3.14159265[/COLOR][/URL]
Breathe_EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 03:32 PM   #262
heavyhitter

In light of the recent downpours and lack of snow and melting snow I went on the search for some elusive mud. Imagine that MUD!! It's January in Maine and its 54 degrees! WTF is going on?? Anyways I got her real .... I mean REAL ! Muddy. I also what I thought was a small puddle over a road and quickly realized it was a washed out section of the dirt road! She loved every minute of it and it was awesome.

93 YJ almighty 4banger, 31" bfg all terrains on 15x8 ar black steelies, 1.25" PA shackle lift, pioneer stereo system, herculined tub, TJ Flares, Rock Sliders, custom front & rear bumpers,
heavyhitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #263
YJsoldier

Oil change air filter and PCV replaced then some mud to see if the 4 wheel drive worked. NO so I think I am going to make a disconnect myself I read the write posted in the FAQ on that so I will probally look into that this weekand to. I almost got stuck finding out the 4 wheel drive didn't work. I relace some vaccum lines that needed replacing as well.
YJsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #264
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTuffGuy
I ordered my CB equipment today, I ordered my Tuffy console on Wednesday and I ordered my flares this past weekend. All the stuff should be in around Tuesday, which leaves for a great weekend of installing stuff next week.

And before those all, I ordered the ORO tails, which hopefully will ship out soon too.
must have be a day for CB's. finally got around to testing my stuff out to see if i could find where the noise was coming from. turns out it's mainly the fuel pump. now i need to get a capacitor to put in line with the pump wire and hope that i can filter it out a bit. of course now it's raining and i can't do a thing. really wish i had a garage this time of year

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #265
Nater018

removed the 18 mountain dew bottles that were polluting my jeep
[SIZE=1]1994 [COLOR=navy][B]BLUE[/B][/COLOR] YJ 4.0 5spd, RE 4.5 Extreme Duty w/ [COLOR=yellow]OLD MAN EMU shocks[/COLOR] , [COLOR=darkred]WARN[/COLOR] front/rear swing away bumper, Gibson stainless headers/Banks front pipe/no cat/Dynomax Super Turbo catback, [COLOR=Orange]BUSHWACKER[/COLOR] cut-out fender flares, the list goes on...[/SIZE]
[B]Pics of[/B] [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2137213/1][B][COLOR=Navy]N8S YJ[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1649608&posted=1#post1649608]Skydiver's Jeep Club[/URL] Member #2

"Man, I'd love to set up shop in her crotch"--Chuck
Nater018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #266
dennis690
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Finished installation of BDS springs, removed front and rear track bars, installed used 20 gal fuel tank. Went wheelin
Unread 01-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #267
sandman'sjeep

replaced the rear diff gasket and added some gear oil... the old oil looked pretty pathetic...
sandman'sjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #268
admar2

over the weekend I finished up a few things on mine that have been nagging at me.

1. sealed up the giant hole around the Novak TC shifter. used a TJ transmission boot and modified it a little.

2. herculined my new shifter tunnel so it matches the rest of the floor.

3. herculined the entry rails on the driver and passenger side. no more scuffing my new paint in that area.

4. installed my new seatbelts. old ones were the suck.

5. finished up installing my last rocklight underneath.

6. wired up some reverse lights finally.

7. finished up a few wiring tidbits in the cabin. namely making the instrument cluster turn signal and headlight indication work.

8. mounted my new storage box in the back now that my spare tire is hanging off the back where it belongs.

my CO2 tank should be done tommorrow so I'll mount it this week sometime. I also finally have the leak detection pump I needed coming, so I can hook it up and clear that trouble code.
admar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2006, 07:12 AM   #269
psycho_emt_yj

I busted my windshield, Jeep vs. bird. Jeep won!
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]WHITE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #197
[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="3"]GEEK OFFROAD MEMBER v2.0[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="3"]4-Slow 2.5L YJ Club #2[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]FF/[/COLOR][COLOR="white"]EMT/[/COLOR][COLOR="royalblue"]Police/[/COLOR]Military Jeep Club [COLOR="white"]#123[/COLOR]
Too Many Jeep Clubs Club Member#1
psycho_emt_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #270
naviathan

Saturday - Replaced rear drums, small parts (springs etc.), shoes and pads. Monday, picked up a friend to take him to get new wheel cylinders for his Chevy, front passengers side caliper locked up on the way to the parts store. Two new calipers (good measure) and a brake system flush finished just before midnight.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.