Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#32,022 ·
I didn't know you liked me! Haha. We did have a little talk the first week you were posting though. Good times!

Did you need parts?
Pretty interesting first conversation wasn't it? Hahaha!

I need lots of parts, probably an entire new Jeep, so feel free to start sending anything my way!

I got to work with a couple PJs in A-stan. Good guys, for Chair Force anyways. Just kidding!

#32,024 ·
all i did to it today was drop tire pressure from 55 to 32... it rides much better, no more bouncing when i hit bumps

#32,025 ·
all i did to it today was drop tire pressure from 55 to 32... it rides much better, no more bouncing when i hit bumps
Hell, I can imagine. I run my Diesel's tires @ 55/50 F/R when unloaded. I would bet you bounced all over the place that high on a Jeep.

Mine are down around 20 on my Jeep.

#32,029 ·
I picked up a mint set of front fenders in matching red for a good deal. Went to start cleaning them up, slipped out of my hands and took a chunk out of my finger. That was about it for my weekend.

Should be selling my old 33s and a set of rims Ive had laying around after work. More parts money!

#32,030 ·
rawlston said:
Right now mine are at 20 front 15 rear. I get tired of airing up and down so I picked something in between.
Hows your mileage/tire wear with that?

#32,032 ·
Just got back from Slade Kentucky (Natural Bridge area). Wheeled all weekend with the guys from AEV and the Chrysler/Jeep design team along with half a dozen of us "old retirees". It was a good time with lots of rain, wet rock, sand pits and a few Hemi's howling. Absolutely beautiful there at this time of year. Some challenging rock staircases and long winding hill climbs. Since we had access to some private trails there, we were able to run some very interesting "less traveled" routes. Pics later if I can add them.

#32,034 ·
Anticanman said:
I was army for a few years then I was an army husband for a few more. And my jeep doesn't look so nice with only three wheels but thanks! I don't think I've got any admirers that I haven't bought off with parts that I've sent across the country to them. Seriously, find someone that likes me that I haven't paid off. :laugh:
Hey that's UN fair I liked you before you gave me parts, ash hoe said in little Chinaman voice) but yet again I do thank you for.the.parts

#32,040 ·
dillonjm said:
Mine dont get an even contact pattern until 20-22 psi. If you chaulk test yours you may find 35 is a little high.
Will do. Can't say if I'd change my tire pressure though. My heep handles great on-road and offroad I only want a little mas torque. And my tires wear flat so I rotate every 2 months or so.