What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 1504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #22546
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Burned up the switch for the front lights (not headlights) had a few laying around but now I keep blowing the fuses ... I guess now I'll have to rip it all apart and find out the problem

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #22547
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Skated around it on the longboard trying to make it jealous enough to start cooperating.

Checked the clutch fluid. Then went back to skating.

Taking it in on Monday to get the trans. pulled and checked out.
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #22548
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Went to the junk yard and picked up this axle.

Then went wheeling all day.

Then went home and set the new axle up on my bench.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #22549
Desert_Rampage
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Ran it outta fuel in my garage. Damn neighbor kids stealin gas outta it again!
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #22550
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

had a fairly interesting night tonight. was testing different tire pressures in the snow this evening and i ended up loosing a bead, i used to have beadlocks so i wasnt really used to this problem.
i was running ~12 psi and it apparently wasnt enough

never again will i use wheel locks, took forever to get off since my wheel lock key was so messed up it couldnt be used, had to pound a socket on it
then we tried to get a spare off my buddies truck and it turned out my outer hub was too big and didnt fit inside the rim, so we pulled mine off, set the bead then stuck it back on and off we went... it all took probably a little over an hour or so

1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #22551
SnowYJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

Filled I with gas...
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #22552
jeeptastic1989
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman123
If youre not fixing it, you have given up already.
I've been dealing with the same stupid bull for so long I don't care anymore I have to fix it I know but it's just aggravating at the moment I've put so much time and money into it and it never gets better. Since I've got it I've put over ten grand into it and it's still not even to the point where it's consistently drivable i understand it's a jeep it's never done, but it's not fun anymore just another week having to rely on other people.
jeeptastic1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #22553
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Thought my wallet was gonna get date raped buying a new instrument cluster dimmer switch aka rheostat. Keeps blowing the fuse and only goes on and off no longer dims. Found it on eBay for ten bucks plus ten shipping. I love eBay
You can get them at O'Reillys for $15......
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
ChrisNukemYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #22554
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ

You can get them at O'Reillys for $15......
Thanks for the info. I don't have any O'Really's around me though. MD is always last to get the good stuff. My options are a napa that has to order everything autozone and advance. All three told me dealer only. Nice to know about O'Reilly's though I hear rumours one is coming here in the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I would pay more if I could just pick it up too. This is my daily driver and I gotta wait for it to be shipped so it looks like another week of using a flashlight to see the gauges or my phone speedo app to know how fast I am going. You would think more places would carry this part since they.are known to go up

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #22555
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't have any O'Really's around me though. MD is always last to get the good stuff. My options are a napa that has to order everything autozone and advance. All three told me dealer only. Nice to know about O'Reilly's though I hear rumours one is coming here in the future. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I would pay more if I could just pick it up too. This is my daily driver and I gotta wait for it to be shipped so it looks like another week of using a flashlight to see the gauges or my phone speedo app to know how fast I am going. You would think more places would carry this part since they.are known to go up
It's a jeep you are never speeding

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #22556
jeeper1987
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark

It's a jeep you are never speeding
Lol only time I've bn pulled over for speeding was speeding up to a 45 too soon
jeeper1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #22557
CarolinaYJeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Engine coolant. Drain, flush & refill.
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #22558
GaJeepy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Friday I picked my little brother up from his college to have lunch. While driving on the campus I hit a speed bump at about 30 mph. There was no yellow paint on it and I almost killed myself. lol. So today I crawled under the jeep and found where I had cracked my muffler when I nearly went air born. On a side not the rattle under my dash disappeared afterwards. While I was under there I replaced some dry vacuum lines. Then I checked all the fluids in preparation for a 200 mile trip tomorrow to pick up an 18 hp Evinrude outboard.

MUD FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN. ~Red Jeep Club #574
GaJeepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #22559
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Found it a 350 with short shaft turbo 400, supposed to pick it up tomorrow

Unread 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #22560
Bosch
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up some new hardware for the hardtop. Took out the old non-washered nuts and bolts, put in a nice large washer, tightened it all up and it drives a little nicer now.

Picked up some new Craftsman wrenches to get the job done.

My floor heater duct had come loose and I never got around to putting it back. Pain in the *** maneuvering in that area, but I got it in and connected properly.

Nice to have ducted heat to my feet in this Vermont winter weather.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.