What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 1503 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #22531
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post

You need to stay out of the fast lane
I always stay in the slow lane with mu old girl.
Doing 55 in a 75.

But that was pretty ****ty of that popo to do that.

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
ChrisNukemYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #22532
jcmooreusmc

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
Change out the old nasty grey jeep decals in favor of some nice fresh black ones and also added so American pride to the jeep!
Where did you order these from? Do they seem pretty durable? Looks nice by the way.
jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #22533
Collin89Sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoadJPin
That cop rules... I am so fed up with people not understanding the slower traffic move to the right concept. I wish more cops would do this. Most of the troopers I speak to say they don't have enough man power to ticket them all. I bet if more did this, more drivers would get the hint. Not to mention the driver got off without a ticket as well.
Agreed. Even though we don't have the autobahn, the autobahn edict needs to be taught over here and ASAP! Quick story: I was driving on 1-35 here in Texas and the section I was on happened to be two lanes. I was driving my moms BMW so the drive was a little 'spirited'. Well I come up to some traffic and I'm in the left lane (fast lane) and I flash my lights getting most of the 3/4 mile length of traffic. I finally come up to these two cars and following was a big Range Rover. Turns out these two cars where in fact holding the 3/4mile of traffic from passing. The people in the two cars know each other as the windows aren't tinted and they are talking on the phone/ giving hand signals to each other. I'm pissed so I sit behind the car in the left lane for 5 min flashing my lights and honking, they were going 60 in a 70. So I move behind the other car in the right lane and let the Range pull up. I look at the driver and she knows, so she rides the left lanes a$$ like dog humping a leg. The guy finally moves over, the Range passes, I move into the left lane and pass as well. I get next to the lady in the Range, give a thumbs up and she smiles. If I remember correctly there was 6 miles of open HWY in front of those two a$$h0les.
Collin89Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #22534
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin89Sahara

Agreed. Even though we don't have the autobahn, the autobahn edict needs to be taught over here and ASAP! Quick story: I was driving on 1-35 here in Texas and the section I was on happened to be two lanes. I was driving my moms BMW so the drive was a little 'spirited'. Well I come up to some traffic and I'm in the left lane (fast lane) and I flash my lights getting most of the 3/4 mile length of traffic. I finally come up to these two cars and following was a big Range Rover. Turns out these two cars where in fact holding the 3/4mile of traffic from passing. The people in the two cars know each other as the windows aren't tinted and they are talking on the phone/ giving hand signals to each other. I'm pissed so I sit behind the car in the left lane for 5 min flashing my lights and honking, they were going 60 in a 70. So I move behind the other car in the right lane and let the Range pull up. I look at the driver and she knows, so she rides the left lanes a$$ like dog humping a leg. The guy finally moves over, the Range passes, I move into the left lane and pass as well. I get next to the lady in the Range, give a thumbs up and she smiles. If I remember correctly there was 6 miles of open HWY in front of those two a$$h0les.
I prefer a different approach. Bust off a round from a sig and they will move. Even blanks work just fine
mangoman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #22535
Collin89Sahara
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman123 View Post
I prefer a different approach. Bust off a round from a sig and they will move. Even blanks work just fine
Wish I had a gun! But I don't.
Collin89Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #22536
Bosch
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Warm water car washed off 2 months of Vermont brine, picked up some Meguiar's and did the inside of the Jeep. Tremendous product. Interior hasn't looked this good since 1993.

Also, I hadn't cleaned up my new full doors since I picked them up. The panels were horrible looking but intact. Some elbow grease and Meguiar's and they look like new as well.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #22537
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ

I always stay in the slow lane with mu old girl.
Doing 55 in a 75.

But that was pretty ****ty of that popo to do that.
I am happy a cop did that its about time. That's just as dangerous as speeding.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #22538
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman123 View Post
Air horns and strobe lights work just fine. But you gotta look for cops first

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #22539
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thought my wallet was gonna get date raped buying a new instrument cluster dimmer switch aka rheostat. Keeps blowing the fuse and only goes on and off no longer dims. Found it on eBay for ten bucks plus ten shipping. I love eBay

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #22540
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post

You need to stay out of the fast lane
I love the video. but lets not muck up this thread with useless banter..

Thanks
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #22541
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoadJPin
That cop rules... I am so fed up with people not understanding the slower traffic move to the right concept. I wish more cops would do this. Most of the troopers I speak to say they don't have enough man power to ticket them all. I bet if more did this, more drivers would get the hint. Not to mention the driver got off without a ticket as well.
It ashamed cops don't do this more often going slow is just as dangerous as speeding. Speedier get tickets slow people should too. The speed limit is there for a reason

Unread 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #22542
dsus4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced the water pump for the 2nd time in as many years. Funny how refurb'd parts only last just past the warranty. Went new this time, popped in a new stat too while I was at it, and new serp. belt, heater and rad hoses as well since I didn't last year. Replaced the fan clutch earlier in the week before getting to the pump.
Running like a top now!
dsus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #22543
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthole

Air horns and strobe lights work just fine. But you gotta look for cops first
This is true, lights are about as bad as a gun tho
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #22544
jeeptastic1989
1989 YJ Wrangler 

lets see, last weekend i tore out my broke a@# intake manifold, drove 200 miles to get one from a junk yard, drove 200 miles back, got a new gasket set, re installed it and my exhaust manifold, tore apart my weber, rejetted and re tuned that, installed new headlights with 55 watt HIDS, then drove it ten miles only for it to die because im not getting any electricity? its wierd almost as if my batteries not even there..... idk i willbe inspecting that with my DVOM tomorrow i suppose.. gotta love yj's right?
jeeptastic1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #22545
mangoman123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

If youre not fixing it, you have given up already.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.