Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#282 ·
Put on a 3.5" lift

Well it wasn't just today...Frankly it wasn't today at all but this is the first real chance I've had to sit down:drool:

My son and I started last Fri and almost finished Sunday installing a Fabtech 3.5" kit. I have some wrench time but GOD those bolts were a b****:brickwall I soaked from Wednesday to Friday and still... The kit went on pretty good bolts aside. Broke a brake line, cut+re-flared, no biggie until I got to the last bolt and I mean the very last bolt that needed to be broke! I had to use the heat wrench and cut it off. BTW it was the right rear spring mount (no surprise). The only issue with that is it was Sunday and a 9/16x4" bolt that nobody carries that was open on Sunday:brickwall Anyway long story longer ITS ON:banana: :banana: :banana: along with a set of Dunlop 32x11.50 mudders.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/jrnjay/Lift/before.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/jrnjay/Lift/after2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/jrnjay/Lift/after3.jpg

#283 ·
jrnjay said:
Well it wasn't just today...Frankly it wasn't today at all but this is the first real chance I've had to sit down:drool:

My son and I started last Fri and almost finished Sunday installing a Fabtech 3.5" kit. I have some wrench time but GOD those bolts were a b****:brickwall I soaked from Wednesday to Friday and still... The kit went on pretty good bolts aside. Broke a brake line, cut+re-flared, no biggie until I got to the last bolt and I mean the very last bolt that needed to be broke! I had to use the heat wrench and cut it off. BTW it was the right rear spring mount (no surprise). The only issue with that is it was Sunday and a 9/16x4" bolt that nobody carries that was open on Sunday:brickwall Anyway long story longer ITS ON:banana: :banana: :banana: along with a set of Dunlop 32x11.50 mudders.

looking good!!!

#286 ·
i finally broke my drivers seat... the other day i got in and the seat back fell back a few inches and wouldnt come back up... and finally today it fell back into an undrivable ghetto lean... so I'll be switching the pass seat over and trashing the old drivers side... :brickwall

#288 ·
I just finished installing the 1 1/4" lift shackles, a new cooling fan clutch and a CB radio. Yesterday, I bought and installed a full-sized (31") spare. Been a good couple of days!

Tomorrow, I tackle the fuzzy seat covers... what? Those all-vinyl seats are murder on the 'roids when it's below zero!

#290 ·
Put a temporary fix in place of the vac system that controls the shift fork. Added a bushing to keep the front axel engaged until the weather warms up here and I can replace the vac lines that need to be replaced.

#299 ·
well yesterday i installed my grant challenger steering wheel. looks alot better than the stock trashed one.