What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 01-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #196
CalicoYJ

I put on a simple black shift knob to replace the ricer one the previous owner had on there.

CalicoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #197
ginsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylojelo
how much does that run?

I completed all the repairs to my full doors, now the both open, close, lock, look nice, no longer squeek & rattle.

Also used seafoam in the throttle body. seams to run a little better, but makes a klacking noise i never heard before.
it was 88 dollars shipped to my door from quadratec.com they are listed as 75 dollars, then there is 13 dollar shipping.

i still love them, they seem to light up the signs on the side of the road better too.
3.5"black diamond lift
1.5"shackle lift
33" kumho venture m/t
ginsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #198
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

In the last 2 weeks I have replaced the head gasket, fixed the auxillary lights, installed the hardtop for the winter (too cold for my son with the softtop), found the leak in my on board air system, cleaned and fixed the battery cables, fixed the door locks, took it back to Midas to replace the rusted out muffler for the 4th time. Yep in a year and a half they have replaced 4 mufflers and this one almost lasted 6 months. It was pretty funny watching them try muffler after muffler to get the right one to fit this time. It was free so I guess you get what you pay for.
Tried fixing the crushed exhaust pipe from a rock that I hit, so it looks like a new section of pipe is in the works.
Tore down the extra engine I have and got the rebuild underway.
Next is finishing up the new rear bumper and spare tire carrier.

idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #199
bd0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman'sjeep
re-installed valve cover with new gasket and some RTV... good fit and no leaks... test drived it last night went to the last Monday night football game (Jet's vs Patriots) at Giant Stadium... checked under the hood, no more leaks ... next project= rocker panels
sweet! Thats one of my future assignments. I'll probably leave it until after winter when its a little warmer out so my hands dont get numb hah.
Pretty straightforward job or did you encounter problems?

Today I took the soundbar out of my Jeep and plan on replacign the speakers with some 5.25s
bd0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #200
PuNacMC
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished the water pump, thermostat, and various hoses replacement. So far, no more leaks... Though I just want to say that it took way longer than it should have to replace. Why is it I ALWAYS find frozen bolts that can not be removed? How the heck am I supposed to remove the old bolts off the old water pump for the fan blades if I can't unscrew them!!!!!
PuNacMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #201
EdJeep

This weekends progress.

2" BDS lift kit (And removed rear hidden hitch in the process)
Currie steering box brace
ARB Compressor and hooked up rear air locker.

And Sunday I finally got the Jeep off road for the first time since I started to upgrade.

Now it's time for some skid plates and rocker protection.
EdJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #202
z71offroader

Began adding things to my project. started off with some small things. i dropped in optima red top battery, put a drop in K&N filter in, put some bosch wiper blades on, put some sylvania silverstar headlights in, and i bought 2 pints of herculiner and a spray gun to spray it in, hoping to start on that this week. also get a new steering wheel in and a new head unit.
z71offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #203
rockreligious

I bought some dana 60's today for my YJ

YJ w/ CJ clip hpd44/ford9/38's/44044's/rockram/onboard weld/air/beads/104wb/teralow4to1/2loShorty.
rockreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 12:36 AM   #204
toplessjeep

I drove mine. Oh wait you ment mechanically. I cleaned out all the trash, amazing how much crap can pile up when you drive 100 miles a day delivering pizza. Took out the back seat. Basically cleaning and prepping the back of the tub for some work. Got some holes to JB weld then gonna slap on some rhino liner in the rear.
toplessjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #205
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplessjeep
then gonna slap on some rhino liner in the rear.
Sounds like a sexual harassment suit waiting to happen...

got up early and replaced my fuel filter... the @#$%#$* thing still died 2x on me this morning. In neutral it revs up to 2500 and stays there till i stop, then when i put it back in gear, it dies... anybody wanna buy a 91 Islander?

Oh, and i noticed that i have beautiful ruby red trans fluid dripping off the very back of the transmission...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #206
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I swapped out my old, broken tilt steering column for a non tilt column, with quick disconnect aluminum sprint car wheel I am thinking about getting the wheel powder coated so it does not stick out so much on my rig

tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #207
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey tube yj, is that just a stock YJ steering column? And where did you get the quick disconect wheel, and the price range? Thanks.

"Beat it like it owes you money"

Jeep Wrangler with some bolt-on "stuff"
Hokie_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:42 AM   #208
Breathe_EZ

Replaced the AX-5 transmission in my brothers YJ, this one has 5th gear! Two nights. 14 hours. The Haynes repair manual made things look so easy. Don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth the 30 dollars to rent a transmission jack. It sure made night #2 one hell of a lot smoother than night #1.
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"]Geek Offroad Member #1[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273275"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club Member # 3.14159265[/COLOR][/URL]
Breathe_EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #209
Jeep4x4nut

Replaced clutch master cylinder last nite. 1 hour after getting started, i was done. Cant believe a shop wanted 350 for the pump and installed. i did it for 100!
Moved speakers to the floor. Took old padding off cage. painting cage silver this weekend. New dana 30 w/ 4.88s goes in next weekend. Then 8.8 with 4.88s the next weekend!
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #210
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

put my doors back on after freezing my butt of last night cause i forgot to wear a jacket...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.