What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 1107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 04-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #16591
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

spent a bunch of money on my YJ today, but sometimes you just gotta say WTF ... install begins tomorrow morning...

4.56 front and back and all new bearings etc., Detroit locker for the rear, SYE, new rear drive shaft, 4" lift, 15X10 rims, 35 BFG KMZ MT's, I don't think I'll be buying ANYTHING else this week; food included.. LOL ..

oh yeah, I did put a new cap and rotor on $16, but still having the random popping and sputtering at times

mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #16592
95 Rio Grande
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsniper View Post
THAT IS WAY COOL!!!! How did you do the knife? Is it still operational as a knife if you need it to be?
Its not actually functional as a knife, I had to remove the blade, but it still holds stuff in the handle. I found a nut that fit the shifter, drilled a hole through the handle and put it on. Then tightened the nut inside the handle and I havent had any problems since.
95 Rio Grande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #16593
fishsniper
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 Rio Grande View Post
Its not actually functional as a knife, I had to remove the blade, but it still holds stuff in the handle. I found a nut that fit the shifter, drilled a hole through the handle and put it on. Then tightened the nut inside the handle and I havent had any problems since.
That would be pretty cool if it would still be functional as a knife! I now have to decide between this, and an actual pistol grip as a shift handle.
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #464[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
93 YJ, 2" BL w/ 2.5" springs, rear track bar removed, 31x10.50s DuraTracs, 4.0, 5 speed
On a quiet night you can hear the sounds of a HUMMER rusting in the mud, and the man crying when a JEEP is pulling him out
fishsniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #16594
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ordered an Aussie and Riddler cover for my D30....
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #16595
jcmooreusmc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Finished installing my new Bosch fuel pump. Just had it replaced less than 3 years ago. I was deployed for a year of that, so it only lasted 2 years of actual driving, and it wasn't even a daily driver. I dropped the fuel tank and saw that the mechanic used silicone to seal the sending unit to the tank instead of using the rubber gasket. Pulled the sending unit and there was silicone all over the strainer and pump. The tank also had a handfull of silicone in it. If anyone does not know it, gas will turn silicone into jelly and break it down. A certified mechanic should have known this. UPS truck came today also........new extended sway bar links and a new spring plate.
jcmooreusmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #16596
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Made a rack for my doors and installed mirrors from pep boys. 30 bucks for both and hardware. Took a whole 20 min to do and I didn't have to mess with the lower hinges.
image-1148531901.jpg  
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #16597
Roadster72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ripped the hard top off today(despite my better judgement) Set up the Bikini windjammer cargo and soft doors i got off Craigslist for 50 buck!!! Cha Ching!!! However i think it may be the wrong set up. it is very tight. he said it was for his YJ. is there that big of a difference from pre 92 to post 92?
img_0325.jpg   img_0326.jpg  
Roadster72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #16598
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster72 View Post
Ripped the hard top off today(despite my better judgement) Set up the Bikini windjammer cargo and soft doors i got off Craigslist for 50 buck!!! Cha Ching!!! However i think it may be the wrong set up. it is very tight. he said it was for his YJ. is there that big of a difference from pre 92 to post 92?
Yes... The roll bar... but yours look like its the right one
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #16599
Roadster72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Yes... The roll bar... but yours look like its the right one
Just seems like way too much space in the windjammer and pulls the snaps out of the cargo cover.
Roadster72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #16600
dennis294
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Cleaned the garage to make space for it so I can work indoors for the upcoming exhaust replacement. Full thing, very excited! Then pulled the doors and finally fixed the passenger door handle
dennis294 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #16601
88beaterYJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Started getting my axles. All that's left to remove are the front bolts for the rear springs, the e-brake cables, track bars, rear shocks and the tie rod.

()_) ()_)-o-)_)[/COLOR]
88beaterYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #16602
HurricaneRZA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster72 View Post
Just seems like way too much space in the windjammer and pulls the snaps out of the cargo cover.
Maybe...only some of it is for the right year?
[QUOTE=doublins;15539665]I always get people coming over and saying things like "I wish I knew how to do that," etc- but they don't realize- at some point I didn't know how to do it either- I had to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
HurricaneRZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #16603
ohio79
2011 JK Wrangler 

Like to know how u mounted your mirrors while keepin the doors on?
ohio79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #16604
YJ1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

took my doors off and i also found someone on craigslist selling a soft top with the hardware for 350. says its mint so im going to take a loook at it this friday. heres hoping
YJ1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #16605
bhamdan
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Drove it through a tornado... we survived.
bhamdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.