4199Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15871 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
dudewatson
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHasher View Post
First Mod:
So, after lifting my 1989 YJ with a RC 4" lift, my under the hood bottle jack and tire removal hardware was obsolete--they were probably obsolete before the lift! I bought a cheap metal tool box from a local tool resale shop ($2.99+tax). Cut the old brackets off the hardware/jack support structure. Fashioned some new retaining hardware through existing holes in the support structure. I repainted everything flat black to help with rust prevention, and mounted the tool box on the newly modified bracket.

Its a pretty easy modification to keep your tools out-of-sight from prying eyes. Even better if you can lock the box.

Second Mod:
The PO had changed the color of the roll bar, windshield hinges, door hardware, hood hinges, air supply cover, and head light housing from original white to black. Bad decision! This really broke up the "look" of the white on white from the factory. Normally, I'd think the two-tone would look better, but I was wrong, wrong, wrong. The newly painted white on white air supply cover and head light housings match the factory color and look great! I've got some prep work to do for the windshield, door, and hood hinges, but now I know how much better the thing looks with a consistent color throughout.

I'm thinking about keeping the roll bar black. Any feedback/pics would be appreciated.

Happy trails!!!

P.S. Sorry no pics; I'm a new user, and I don't want to go through the photobucket to "click free" thing. I can email the pics if you want to see these mods.
You can check my profile pics, my 88 is white and I have a black rollbar

88 YJ
98 ZJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15872 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Joe203
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I did a one hour job on the carb in 6 hours. You know you own a YJ when nothing goes as planned.
post #15873 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do work son!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell I'm kind of excited.

Now to bring it to the trans shop!!!!

04 TJ- Short Bus. It's got some stuff.

Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.

post #15874 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 PM
88beaterYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyAg View Post
Use the same blower wheel unless it is messed up. It fits right on the motor with no problems. Good luck with it. I love my motor upgrade.
Thanks, I'll order the one from work for $15.00.

, _____
/l ,[___],
l--L --[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
post #15875 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
First Mod:
So, after lifting my 1989 YJ with a RC 4" lift, my under the hood bottle jack and tire removal hardware was obsolete--they were probably obsolete before the lift! I bought a cheap metal tool box from a local tool resale shop ($2.99+tax). Cut the old brackets off the hardware/jack support structure. Fashioned some new retaining hardware through existing holes in the support structure. I repainted everything flat black to help with rust prevention, and mounted the tool box on the newly modified bracket.

Its a pretty easy modification to keep your tools out-of-sight from prying eyes. Even better if you can lock the box.

Second Mod:
The PO had changed the color of the roll bar, windshield hinges, door hardware, hood hinges, air supply cover, and head light housing from original white to black. Bad decision! This really broke up the "look" of the white on white from the factory. Normally, I'd think the two-tone would look better, but I was wrong, wrong, wrong. The newly painted white on white air supply cover and head light housings match the factory color and look great! I've got some prep work to do for the windshield, door, and hood hinges, but now I know how much better the thing looks with a consistent color throughout.

I'm thinking about keeping the roll bar black. Any feedback/pics would be appreciated.

Happy trails!!!

P.S. Sorry no pics; I'm a new user, and I don't want to go through the photobucket to "click free" thing. I can email the pics if you want to see these mods.
Just wanted to say Welcome to the thread and hello to a fellow Texas. I live in Abilene Texas but I bleed burnt orange HA.
post #15876 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 07:52 PM
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Relocated front lower shock mount. the shocks that cam with the rough country lift are too short with the extra lift I have.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20110308-00038.jpg   IMG-20110308-00036.jpg  

Check out "my little YJ" in the Jeep builds section.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
post #15877 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
First Mod:
So, after lifting my 1989 YJ with a RC 4" lift, my under the hood bottle jack and tire removal hardware was obsolete--they were probably obsolete before the lift!
I don't have a bottle jack, it's a scissors jack. I also have more than a 4" lift, but my jack works quite well under the axle. I can change a tire a lot safer than using the high lift.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #15878 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 PM
cdemarre
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Finally finished painting the dash today. Still waiting for the new tail light panel to show up so I can put that and the side panel back on. My GF been undercoating every part of the body she can
post #15879 of 74976 Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
bracs4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeobum View Post
Those look awesome!!! Afraid they are a little out of my budget though, but thanks for the idea never checked that site, kool stuff there
Mike
just an idea im planning on ordering the 4in fenders, flares and the rock sliders with the step and i know its a great site thats where i got the idea of dooing my led light conversion how ever i fabed my own instead of buying the kit
post #15880 of 74976 Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Mudmouse990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
Do work son!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell I'm kind of excited.

Now to bring it to the trans shop!!!!

nice i like how you used the skateboard haha wouldnt think of that i prolly would of dropped it on the ground and pushed the jeep off of it haha

90 yj 2.5l or pure power,thrush turbo, gutted cat, RC 4in lift,1" boom shackles, 33" BFG A/T's, outlaw alum rims,Rhino lined interior,overhead lights,connex 3300 cb, Homemade disco's, no rear trackbar
future mods- diamond plate rocker gaurds, fold down bus steps,home made front and rear bumpers , tube fenders, paint my doors red,possibly a winch, 302 ford or a 350 chevy, ford 8.8, cv style shaft and much more

Check out my build thread

My Home made Quick Disconnects Write up
post #15881 of 74976 Old 03-09-2011, 12:39 AM
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmouse990 View Post
nice i like how you used the skateboard haha wouldnt think of that i prolly would of dropped it on the ground and pushed the jeep off of it haha
I also love how he used a piece of wood no more than a inch tall to keep his tires from rolling.
post #15882 of 74976 Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 AM
doninaz2010
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmouse990 View Post
I noticed that too.... we build these things to roll over what ever we bump into. what good would that little board do?
post #15883 of 74976 Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 AM
BlackOpsPete
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Fixing the last rust on my tub!!! under both windshield brackets !!!
post #15884 of 74976 Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just had an idea If you take the gauge faces off your jeep, scan them into a computer, reverse the colors, and add your own "flavor" to them, then print em out on some good photo paper, you would have a pretty sweet custom dash look for about 10cents. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and I will post some pics when I get it done.
post #15885 of 74976 Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM
nohl75
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post
I just had an idea If you take the gauge faces off your jeep, scan them into a computer, reverse the colors, and add your own "flavor" to them, then print em out on some good photo paper, you would have a pretty sweet custom dash look for about 10cents. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend and I will post some pics when I get it done.
Definitely post pics here after you do it, sounds like it could be cool

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.