What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 1052 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #15766
tonythehazelnut
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Installed my new engine, clutch kit, and transmission

Built Not Bought #482

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
tonythehazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #15767
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefewtheproud View Post
New headlights!! They look so much better. I also ordered new black latches and windshield stoppers for the hood. I will post pics when I get them installed.
You know I just took them off and painted Them with Rustoleum 5 years ago. They still look new.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #15768
mark1305

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Actually yesterday, but..... After doing a Nutter while chasing down the mysterious bad idle/dying at stop signs, and making the worst exhaust smell I've ever smelled from a gas engine I spotted the telltale fuel dribble in one side of the venturi cluster. Fixed the clogged idle fuel pickup tubes and reamed them to .030 while I was at it. Couldn't get the idle set rich enough with the IAC needles set in the mid position. So I extended them out to almost full extension and blocked them there with aluminum foil packed in behind the stepper plate.

Much much better at idle, accelerating, and any steady speed.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #15769
LogansRun
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Traded my 33 10.50 KM2s 80% tread for a set of 34 10.50 Super Swamper Bias new.
94 YJ, 2.5Ltr, SOA, 1 inch BL, 79 F150 HP D44 with an OX Locker, 8.8 LSD, 35x15.50 Goodyear Kevlars, 5.13 gears, CB, SYE, 1 inch motor lift, skid plate spacers removed, Offroad lights, XRC8 winch, and the list goes on.
LogansRun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #15770
AK2WA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOpsPete View Post
Damn , looks good !
Thanks man!
AK2WA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #15771
drbandkgb
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5E View Post
Bled my clutch system again at lunch today. Got in the jeep after work and no clutch pedal. The master cylinder finally gave up the ghost. Limped home shifting without a clutch. Should have my replacement from RockAuto in a few days. Until then the jeep is parked in the driveway. I guess I'll take the time to track down the fuel smell in the cab or maybe start the CJ dash swap.
Check your gas tank.. I bet you will see a pin hole
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #15772
NavyAg
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefewtheproud View Post
New headlights!! They look so much better. I also ordered new black latches and windshield stoppers for the hood. I will post pics when I get them installed.
Kudos!! You found yourself a very nice looking YJ and hopefully in great condition. Keep it maintained and it should last a very long time.
NavyAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #15773
thefewtheproud
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B

You know I just took them off and painted Them with Rustoleum 5 years ago. They still look new.
Actually that is exactly what I was going to do but then I found them on quadratec for a total of $24 and decided it would be cool to get new ones. Can't wait to put them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyAg

Kudos!! You found yourself a very nice looking YJ and hopefully in great condition. Keep it maintained and it should last a very long time.
Thanks a lot! Yeah I love it. It runs, sounds, and looks great. I plan to keep it for a long time. I'm slowly replacing small things as I can and it's really starting to come together.
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #15774
cdemarre
1988 YJ Wrangler 

My GF and I took off the pass. side body panel and tail light panel today.
cdemarre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #15775
doninaz2010
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I checked the oil and stuff today......cant wait to get the top and doors off....
doninaz2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #15776
BlackOpsPete
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305 View Post
Actually yesterday, but..... After doing a Nutter while chasing down the mysterious bad idle/dying at stop signs, and making the worst exhaust smell I've ever smelled from a gas engine I spotted the telltale fuel dribble in one side of the venturi cluster. Fixed the clogged idle fuel pickup tubes and reamed them to .030 while I was at it. Couldn't get the idle set rich enough with the IAC needles set in the mid position. So I extended them out to almost full extension and blocked them there with aluminum foil packed in behind the stepper plate.

Much much better at idle, accelerating, and any steady speed.
When you say "extended them out" you mean deeper into the carb toward the seat, away from the stepper motor?
BlackOpsPete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #15777
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I crawled under the front end before work and used my Jeep key to scrape all the crud of the front axle so I could read the gear ratio...3.54.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-93-yj-build-slow-low-cog-1229470/"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]My build: OuraYJ[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
rmappelt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #15778
E5E
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbandkgb View Post
Check your gas tank.. I bet you will see a pin hole
Thanks for the tip. I've been keeping an eye on it since I replaced the vent valves. I know it was leaking from there, but haven't seen a leak since I replaced them. The previous owner had cut an access panel in the tub so at least I didn't have to drop the tank. I looked under the Jeep yesterday and noticed where the tailpipe attaches to the rear of the muffler is completely loose. I'm thinking that with the combination of not having the rear access panel above the gas tank completely sealed up, I may be getting exhaust fumes into the cab.
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #380[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
E5E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #15779
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bought a dana 30 lube locker gasket today, 20 bucks. Going to give it a try. I like the idea that it should be reusable, so we will see how it does over time, if it holds up.
img_1891.jpg   img_1895.jpg   img_1896.jpg  
Unread 03-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #15780
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
Bought a dana 30 lube locker gasket today, 20 bucks. Going to give it a try. I like the idea that it should be reusable, so we will see how it does over time, if it holds up.
Love the LubeLocker gaskets! I've got them on both diffs. No seepage at all!

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.