I haven't done these today but over the last couple months.
In December I busted my spider gears pulling out of my driveway so I put on an 8.8. I lucked out and got one off a 94 Ford Explorer with only 27,000 mile. I know it has drums, but it still stops better than the stock D35 drums and it was only $100, complete. Fabbed my own brackets and I had to slide it back on my leafs a little, but it works great and Iv'e got a little more confidence pulling out my driveway, lol.
I recently tried to drill out my idle pick-up tubes and broke the drill bit inside, doh. I went to my local Ace and they had 3/32 brass tube that i cut to length and tapered slightly and they worked perfectly.
This week my jeep died on the highway, boy that was scary. I checked everything out and it was the dang ignition module, so I replaced that and went ahead and did the team rush upgrade also, but now it runs like crap. When I put on a new distributor gasket i tried to put it back exactly where it was, so I think I messed up the timing. So that's what I'm doing tonight.
Got a Carb kit for this weekend, the wife aint happy, but the Jeep will be.