What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 1009 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 01-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #15121
carlitos_90
1995 YJ Wrangler 

tossed away the 2.5L Throttle Body and went ahead and placed 4.0L Throttle Body .. From all the things ive heard/read well worth the upgrade .. .. though it is BEST if you re-bore the intake. to make the 4.0 TB fit better. (stuff rag inside before you do any re-boring.. then vacuum the debris..and vacumm even more once your done all around it and inside)

Costs.
4.0TB- Free - Dad has 2 so i just jacked one lol (prob can get one for 20-30 Junkyard)
Throttle Body Gasket.- $2.50 At Dealer. (My shop price)
Special T20 Tamper Proof Torx- $1.50 ACE Hardware.
Both T20 and T25 Torx-dont know (but make sure its made in USA quality)
Dremrel .... or

this.. i used the one 2nd from the bottom... carbide die grinder bits.

end well worth the mod.

img_00002.jpeg  
carlitos_90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #15122
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibstools View Post
What welder you gonna get? I bought a lincoln 140 mig a month or so ago, awesome machine. 524 at lowes.
cool man i appreciate it, thats the one i had my eye on!! i cant wait to tackle this rust, she came from indiana.. if that gives you an idea
liftedyj91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #15123
MA88XJDude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quags View Post
Finished painting the door panels.....

Before:

After:

nice, i have wanted to do this since I bought my jeep, what paint did you use?
Build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...build-1066682/
MASSKRAWLERS.COM
MA88XJDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #15124
shawn33
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Installed my 4" Rough Country lift. Wasn't easy, but after breaking a pitman arm puller and about 4, 1/2 drive sockets, its all done. tires coming on tuesday, and then i need to figure out what to do with my rear drive line.
shawn33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #15125
Mudmouse990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn33 View Post
Installed my 4" Rough Country lift. Wasn't easy, but after breaking a pitman arm puller and about 4, 1/2 drive sockets, its all done. tires coming on tuesday, and then i need to figure out what to do with my rear drive line.
if you are talking about vibs you shouldnt really have any or at least i didnt but like they say every jeep is different what tires are you going with?
[B]90 yj 2.5l or pure power,thrush turbo, gutted cat, RC 4in lift,1" boom shackles, 33" BFG A/T's, outlaw alum rims,Rhino lined interior,overhead lights,connex 3300 cb, Homemade disco's, no rear trackbar
future mods- diamond plate rocker gaurds, fold down bus steps,home made front and rear bumpers , tube fenders, paint my doors red,possibly a winch, 302 ford or a 350 chevy, ford 8.8, cv style shaft and much more [/B]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]
Check out my build thread[/SIZE][/COLOR] [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90yj-getting-there-1155268/[/url]
[COLOR="Yellow"]My Home made Quick Disconnects Write up [/COLOR][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-quick-disconnects-write-up-pics-1182040/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-quick-disconnects-write-up-pics-1182040/[/URL]
Mudmouse990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #15126
shawn33
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmouse990 View Post
if you are talking about vibs you shouldnt really have any or at least i didnt but like they say every jeep is different what tires are you going with?
Well its vibrating because I wasnt comfortable installing the transfer case drop kit, I'd rather do an SYE and driveline or something. I'm going with Cooper Discoverer 32X11.50 r 15 Mud terrains on black cragar soft 8's
shawn33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #15127
Mudmouse990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn33 View Post
Well its vibrating because I wasnt comfortable installing the transfer case drop kit, I'd rather do an SYE and driveline or something. I'm going with Cooper Discoverer 32X11.50 r 15 Mud terrains on black cragar soft 8's
o ok i see yeah i want to do the drive line upgrade as soon as i get the cash and possible new gears
[B]90 yj 2.5l or pure power,thrush turbo, gutted cat, RC 4in lift,1" boom shackles, 33" BFG A/T's, outlaw alum rims,Rhino lined interior,overhead lights,connex 3300 cb, Homemade disco's, no rear trackbar
future mods- diamond plate rocker gaurds, fold down bus steps,home made front and rear bumpers , tube fenders, paint my doors red,possibly a winch, 302 ford or a 350 chevy, ford 8.8, cv style shaft and much more [/B]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]
Check out my build thread[/SIZE][/COLOR] [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/90yj-getting-there-1155268/[/url]
[COLOR="Yellow"]My Home made Quick Disconnects Write up [/COLOR][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-quick-disconnects-write-up-pics-1182040/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-quick-disconnects-write-up-pics-1182040/[/URL]
Mudmouse990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #15128
89islander
1989 YJ Wrangler 

installed one of my 97 sunfire seats...not a direct bolt in like i thought so i had to drill holes but i got it in and feels good

not my doing but the PO put in a computer fan in place of the rear defrost...the original broke from disconnecting the top to much. it actually works pretty good haha (just ignore the tinker bell its an inside joke haha)

Doors were sitting to low so air and rain were coming into the jip so i stuck a couple of washers in the door hinge

Made a cargo rack for my hitch in shop class

Not all this happened today but i figured i'd post anyways
89islander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #15129
Fred007
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott5star View Post
Looks awesome, how bad of a job was it?
Not too bad at all. Had to cut my rockers a bit, the MetalCloak have the fender mount as a raised circle and the rockers would not slide over. Also had to trim the battery tray and go to a custom radiator overflow (didn't want to take the time to fit the factory). Otherwise, fairly simple. From the timestamp on the pictures, 4.5 hrs total for both sides. Also lost the filter canister in front of the drivers side but only had the fuel tank hooked into that at this point. (v8 swap) Doing the rears in the next couple of weeks. Tired of rubbing when crawling...
Fred007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 05:35 AM   #15130
nibstools
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedyj91 View Post
cool man i appreciate it, thats the one i had my eye on!! i cant wait to tackle this rust, she came from indiana.. if that gives you an idea
Mine lived in upstate ny all its life so I feel your pain! Torches are my bestest buddy!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-little-yj-1127802/
nibstools is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 06:04 AM   #15131
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i dont have a rear defroster at all so that cpu fan actually looks like a pretty good idea right about now lol

and i installed my new polk 4x6 speakers in the dash from underneath....what a PITA but well worth it, they sound amazing
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 06:37 AM   #15132
Quags
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA88XJDude View Post
nice, i have wanted to do this since I bought my jeep, what paint did you use?
Duplicolor Vinyl and Plastic (Charcoal Gray).
Quags is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #15133
Joe203

1988 YJ Wrangler 

The weather was nice and warm yesterday so I started the engine compartment cleaning. I got about 1/4 of it done as there was some hand scrubbing on the fender. The rest cleaned up with the Gunk SC and a brush and hosing it off. The last thing will be the engine cleaning and some painting. I did notice some cracked vacuum lines so that is on the list. I sprayed some belt dressing to get rid of an irritating squeak and it's nice and quiet now. I stopped at Pizza Pro and the kid there thought I just bought it new. I'm heading to Nashville for the bluegrass convention so the Jeep will have to wait until next week for more attention.
Joe203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #15134
tyf1101
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Put in a new floor pan in the trunk to replace the rusting out old one complete with spray in bed liner. Built a PVC bow for the safari top. Finally installed the windjammer just in time for the NE FL winter to wind down and start warming up, oh well. lol
tyf1101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #15135
sbsg2005
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedyj91 View Post
Easy now my jeep is in indiana and it comes apart with ease and has 0 rust.
Anyways i washed the jeep to get the salt off then coated the underside with pb blast again.
sbsg2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.