Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#20,161 ·
I got my parking brake cable from Quadratec today finally. I will install it this weekend. I am still waiting on a few more things before I can get it inspected and street worthy.

#20,162 ·
Abused her. 80mph on the highway. I was running late to college and rushing, didn't even think I could go that fast. Safe to say I won't be trying that again, I was shaking afterwards. It wasn't all that bad though, no bad vibes or anything, just freaky doing it with an open top and tube doors. OH YEAH and I put the tube doors on that were graciously loaned to me by tpeters1. Great guy, thanks again man! Sometime soon I'll work on fabbing a way to make the TJ latch work with my YJ, but for now I just removed the latch and used a small bungee cord.

Taking a weekend trip down to Maryland with the YJ, hoping my D35 doesn't decide to take a dump on the way, gotta check into AAA service in case I do break down on the way. Loving this gorgeous weather, topless and tube doors FTW

#20,164 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.
Whenever I see the title of this thread, I think of horrible, wonderfully dirty jokes. Pardon me, but I just had to share that.

#20,168 ·
started to replace my fuel filter and found the need to replace rotted fuel lines (found the source of "that smells likes gas":rofl:), will finish that tomorrow along with cleaning the carb and replacing the steering dampener

put my extra set of rims up for sale, jeeps need money...

hopefully I'll be able to replace my motor mounts saturday! :D

#20,169 ·
Reddy89 said:
started to replace my fuel filter and found the need to replace rotted fuel lines (found the source of "that smells likes gas":rofl:), will finish that tomorrow along with cleaning the carb and replacing the steering dampener

put my extra set of rims up for sale, jeeps need money...

hopefully I'll be able to replace my motor mounts saturday! :D
What kind of rims? But only interested if there's 5 of em

Sent from my not so smart iPhone

#20,170 ·
JcArnold said:
Stupid doe. Don't they know they don't play chicken and win. EVER!
They do here my cuz hit one and totaled her car then it got up and walked away

#20,172 ·
I replaced my parking brake cable today. Now I can get it to not roll down any more hills and roll onto it's side in the middle of the road again..... lesson learned. Anyways I think my jeep doesn't want me to work on her. She fights me whenever I try and do something. An easy job like changing a parking brake cable turns in to an hour long process.

#20,173 ·
Reddy89 said:
That sucks. But what do they look like I might be interested or know somebody that might

#20,175 ·
finally riding

i fought all day yesterday replacing the oil pan gasket and timing cover gasket. I fought the air conditioner bracket for over an hour trying to remember how to put it back on. finally got mad and let it go for the day. I prayed before i started today and everything went a whole lot better. got the compressor and alternator on and got it buttoned up. finally got to ride down the road. I will take it to work tomorrow and enjoy the ride. I asked a question about my transmission whining in certain gears. I decided the other day to replace the oil in it and found that it only had a half of a cup of oil in it. needless to say i filled it up and it sounds a lot better. it does leak a little but i can ride for a little while now.

#20,178 ·
OK, so I bought it, it's a 95' YJ, with winch, modified Pro Comp suspension, rock rails, skid plate, it's the 2.5L 4cylinder, & it's a standard, hard top, in dark bottle green, @ 138,000 miles. I'll post photos of it over the weekend! Just need some insurance & we're good to go....LOVE IT :)

#20,179 ·
Picked up my new axles. Ford 9" rear, 31 spline, 5.13's spool. Dana 44 front, wagoneer front. matches width of 9". 44 has a powertrax lockrite in the high split carrier. I will need to convert the 44 outers to f150 or similar 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern and buy a set of 5.13's for the 44. then I can put them soa on my yj and mount my 38.5x15 gumbo's

#20,180 ·
panaceabeachbum said:
got in the full metal cloak , fenders, corner gaurds, flairs, rock rails and bumper
I knew ud fall into the trap as well lol good choice

Sent from my DroidX because I should be doing something else