What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your YJ today?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #136
xeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Laredo
Well, Thanks to the abundance of information on this site, I found out why my 4X4 indicator light was not working and fixed it. Just a vacuum line disconnected. I hooked it back up and got a light and a smoother idle Fixed indicator light = $0.00, Information on this sight = PRICELESS!
SCORE. Good work man, those are sometimes hard to find and a pain in the butt. I wish my YJs problems were that easy to fix...

Unread 12-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #137
superjoe

I installed my TJ flares and reswaped the rear leafs to stretch the wheelbase back out. WooHoo. no more rubbing when flexed out, my rear tire has NEVER stuffed so far into the rear fender. ill post pics when my wife gets back with the digi camera
()_) ()_)----)_)
superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #138
Breathe_EZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudmanV6
Set my jeep on fire while welding on it and burned out the whole interior. Anybody got any seats for sale?
How about this. They have got to be cheap at a junkyard.
http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/must...stangseats.htm
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"]Geek Offroad Member #1[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273275"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Sienna Jeep Club Member # 3.14159265[/COLOR][/URL]
Breathe_EZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2005, 05:29 PM   #139
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

drove 390 miles home Today, after driving 390 mile to a jobsite in Wright City, OK... yesterday...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #140
dwales31

got under my jeep and checked to make sure everything was tight....tightened up my u brackets holding the u joint to the driveshaft checked my fluids tried to figure out how to get my defroster on my hardtop to work and found i need a wireing harness but dont know where to get one.
dwales31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:35 PM   #141
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Watched mine drip oil last night in the driveway *sigh*
Richmond88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #142
Jeep4x4nut

I replaced a water pump today....easy
Unread 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM   #143
exc911ence

I actually got to drive mine without doing anything to it! Wait, I filled up the windshield washer fluid... damn...
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 01:32 PM   #144
sandman'sjeep

let there heat..

finished hooking up my heated seats... Aaahhh... no more cold A$$...
sandman'sjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #145
WickedYJ

replaced the home made shackles that were on the jeep when i got it with some i recieved from a member for a killer deal. Took off the bumperetts. realized that the lines were loose and hitting the drive shaft. Reatached those. Took off some mount that seems like it used to be a tire carrier on the back right of the jeep.
WickedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #146
exc911ence

Installed a set of off-road lights this afternoon... in the snow. What fun!
exc911ence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:14 PM   #147
YJBlues
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Messed with my soft top doors. Seems someone jerry rigged some upper frames from a different style top to work with original factory soft top. heh, they taped a piece of copper rod to the frame to square it off at the upper rear where they are round instead of square like they are supposed to be. This style frame has distorted the upper door skins enough that even if I find the right frame, I may have to replace the skins anyway, grr. Talk about Noisy! Doors that don't fit right suck in a halfway decent headwind.
YJBlues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #148
yjing

i painted my hardtop black... it makes my YJ look so much newer!!! ill put pics up soon
yjing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:41 PM   #149
yesterdaylight
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sunk my YJ lots of fluid changing to do tomorrow!
Green Jeep Club Member #172
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member # 23
Green 1995 4 Banger
If only my pocket was as green as my Jeep :D
yesterdaylight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #150
toplessjeep

Code:
 painted my hardtop black... it makes my YJ look so much newer!!! ill put pics up soon
What kinda paint did you use?

I didn't work on my jeep today. I spent the day wrapping the presents and doing all the crap I didn't do because I was working on my jeep all this week.
What I did do this week, I replaced the tranny mount, thought it was my vibe problem but wasn;t, still it needed to be done. Found the u-joints causing the problem. They were totaly shot. Not sure how the crap they held together based on the condition they were in. Tried to replace my shocks. Found out that whoever installed the 2-inch shackles wasn't smart enough to change the shocks as well. With the Jeep sitting at rest in the garage the shocks were at Full extension. So tried to intall the new ones I bought, only got one installed. Can't do the rest due to rust. If I had an airtank for my airgun this wouldn't be a problem. However I really hate the style of shocks on the front. I never did like those types that the nut was on the shaft.(um that sound bad) I had the same types on my 74 camaro and its why they never got changed. So I am probably gonna be stuck paying someone to do something that should be so simple.
toplessjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.