Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your YJ today?

6M views 87K replies 5K participants last post by  ninjakid 
#1 ·
Let this thread be an inspiration to all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs. :thumbsup:

I'll start it off, over the holiday weekend, I did an oil and filter change, fixed a couple rattles, did the front brakes (new rotors and pads), and swapped the brake fluid.

#3 ·
i sewed up the gaping hole in my soft top with fishing line in preparation for winter. then cut off the busted *** exhaust pipe from the muffler back and welded on a 90° turn down...keeps the fumes out even with a few drain plugs missing lol. one of my u-joints is fixing to give out, i should probably fix that next before i catapult my jeep on the highway. :laugh:

#5 ·
This weekend I replaced all the brake hardware and pads on the right rear, fixed my parking brake, checked trans fluid level (was fine), checked Xfer case fluid level (needed about 1/2-2/3 Qt.), changed air filter, fixed a vacuum leak, tried adjusting my choke linkage so the choke works (failed), and installed a cheapo CD player so I can have some tunes.

Mike

Reactions: Luuca
#6 ·
I built a drawer for the back of the jeep that I can keep my tools, booster cables, straps, chains, comealong, and all my other crap in and still keep the back of the jeep looking fairly clean. It came out reallly nice and I like it alot already.

#10 ·
I repaired a smashed rear passenger side lower shock mount. Landed that bad boy on a big rock, looked like a crumpled beer can. Been driving for 4 weeks with a shock & mount zipped tied up and out of the way. A little heat, hammer, weld, and some paint; it's good as new. Oh, and new U-bolts while I was there.

#15 ·
new OEM fender flares, oil change, bedliner inside the tub, new CIPA mirrors

#17 ·
Wired in an old ford high beam light switch into my high beams, changed oil and fixed a vacum leak. Also discovered a crack/leak in my new exhaust manifold. I plan on removing it, placing it in my front yard. Then taking a crap on it and setting it on fire. I will put it in a plastic bag and return it to the manufacture. I'm pretty sure I would get a replacment or a refund but it will be worth it. I will post some pics once I do. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Just finished installing a second light switch to seperate the lights on the bumper from the lights mounted on the windshield hinges.

Tomorrow the new sound bar should be in and it will get installed.

Thursday the Jeep and I are going hunting for four days. It's wagging it's little exaust pipe already just thinking about it!

#20 ·
Installed new Bestop Sailcloth w/ half doors. Installed new 1st - O2 sensor. Yesterday bolted Toe Hooks to front frame.