What could i build out of my broken hardtop? maybe a "hard" bikini top ..etc..?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What could i build out of my broken hardtop? maybe a "hard" bikini top ..etc..??

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 08-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
BigDeaner
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What could i build out of my broken hardtop? maybe a "hard" bikini top ..etc..??

My yj hardtop took a tree along where the door would close, buggered it up pretty bad. Attempted to repair the fiberglass once, but only lasted a cpl months cause of the door always hitting the same location. I already have a cj top laying around that i'm going to use, so I'm not into dumping any more money into my broken one. I was thinking of trying to re-use either from the windshield to center roll bar, or possible further back, just using basically the roof section. The front would attach stock, and then I thought mayne i could rig up some u-bolts to support the rear end. Just wondering if anyone else has bother to try and make some use out of a broken hardtop besideas actually fixing it. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome, thanks in advance

1987 JEEP YJ LAREDO
4.2L,MC2100,TFI,NUTTERED
NP231,AX15,D30,D35
9,500LB WINCH,60"HI-LIFT
BigDeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
eternal_dragon
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If the front half is completly broken off;
See if you can mount it on the rear to make a hard tonneau cover/cap, may need to remove rollbars to make rough in cutout lines for the rollbars. This would be really handy for storage. To secure just drill-out some holes above mounting holes, get longer bolts and rubber washers(plumbing section) and use the same rear mounting nuts.

send me a pic if you do it!

good luck
eternal_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
Mark455SD
1991 YJ Wrangler 

how bout a coffee table
Mark455SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Scrambler style hard top?

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
BigDeaner
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i like the idea of the scrambler style top, although i can't go that route since mine is cracked along the edge where the door closes against. The tonneau cover idea could work, but with the rollbars there it would probably be hard to work with/around. The coffee table idea, would be sweet if, i was single,lol.

1987 JEEP YJ LAREDO
4.2L,MC2100,TFI,NUTTERED
NP231,AX15,D30,D35
9,500LB WINCH,60"HI-LIFT
BigDeaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.