WHAT COLOR TO PAINT MY JEEP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > WHAT COLOR TO PAINT MY JEEP

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 02-26-2002, 04:39 PM   #1
jeep thing

WHAT COLOR TO PAINT MY JEEP

My jeep is white now and i am changing color i need some help.

jeep thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
wetodddid

Go with bright yellow!!! Jeeps should be fun!!!
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:55 PM   #3
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was going to change the color of my Jeep when I had it repainted a few years ago to forest green. But I decided to leave it the original color because it is different. It has grown on me and I can't ever imagine changing the color now.
RCHavok797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2002, 08:15 PM   #4
Bob K

Colorado Red.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2002, 09:10 PM   #5
NOVA Jeeper56

There are alot of good colors out there. Mine is hunter green and I like a color called Deep Amithist, which is a dark dark blue looks black at night. Or wine orcade which is a purple shade
NOVA Jeeper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2002, 09:44 PM   #6
JeepBeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Mine is dark blue, and I have to say it's the color I'm sticking for now. All my mods have the BLACK or blue style them, "black is cheaper then chrome doncha know "
But I have to agree wetodddid, My next Jeep will be Yellow, I plan on adding chrome and black colors to it, The Techno Bumble Bee. )
Just an idea.

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
JeepBeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 08:45 AM   #7
QueenYJ

Metallic burnt orange looks awesome with black or chrome accesories, and hides swirls and scratches that the darker colors can't.
Unread 02-27-2002, 09:00 AM   #8
JeepMax

If you're gonna repaint it I would keep it the original color (white) - otherwise you'll get hell whenever you're trying to sell it. BTW - mine is white too and I think it looks great, just don't put any chrome on it...

Otherwise I would probably go with orange (burnt organge) like QueenYJ said - that looks really cool!
Unread 02-27-2002, 10:42 AM   #9
Kev
Master of the Obvious

I've always wanted a "candy-apple" red color

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #10
iamthemellowman

I painted my first truck this awesome shade of deep blue metallic onthe reddish side of the spectrum.. no it wasn't purple it was still blue but it wasn't viper gts either (suggestion 1)
I remember it was one of the blues offered with one of the firebird formulas in the early 90's. It was hot on a truck, never seen a better looking b2. suggestion 2

I've seen a CJ with a silver that closely resemebled audi's. That was interesting.

Viper gts blue is always a hot color, i painted my buddies old bike and damn the thing looked cool.

More blues,, LE5N or LE3P from volkswagen(1987)... though you'll never see a vw with either colors.. One is a rich red metallic, and the other is a deep deep shade of blue with just enough metal flakes to make it change shades in the sun... awesome.

just remember if you're meticulous about the looks of your jeep, dark colors show dents and dirt, light colors hide them.

Here's my realsuggestion. drive around and look for good colors.. sometimes the most boring car has a good color that will make another truck/car look better. Also drive through dealers.. jeep had some of the best colors available in the mid 90's.. i think they would still be the leading edge for colors. VW has a couple shades of blue that look really good. honda has some goldish/brown that looks sweet too..

and finally, take a trip to a paint shop or a place that sells auto paints NAPA martin senour for example has paint chip books.. I would spend a few days looking through them.. and make sure to take the book into the sunlight,, sometimes it helps.
Unread 02-27-2002, 04:19 PM   #11
jerrys yj

im going to paint mine like osbourns. that factory green.
osbourns jeep:
-KC's on the windshild
personal quote:"it didnt look that deep dad, i swear!"(first time stuck in mud)
jerrys yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 04:34 PM   #12
ebhub

Go to Autozone and buy some of their Camo System paint.I painted mine flat olive drab.It looks pretty good and alot of people have told me they like it. Plus you don't wax it ,it hides scratches pretty good,touchups are a can away, and the best part is total cost 32.oo including tape and sandpaper.
ebhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:15 PM   #13
Jeepguy3401

I was thinking about the same question for my Jeep. I was thinking about just repainting the original paint job. By the way does that keep the value up if you go to sell it? I was thinking that years down the road a Jeep with an original paint job might be kind of a commodity what do you guys think? I might do a small alteration and take out the pink stripe, maybe not, I'm comfortable with my man hood, evern though i get teased about the pink. A pic of my Jeep minus the Mickey's.
'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:23 PM   #14
Jeepguy3401

Sorry the pic didn't work. Here it is.
'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:25 PM   #15
Jeepguy3401

Woe, sorry, I didn't realize that picture was gonna be so big!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.