what is the cheapest/easiest v8 swap?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what is the cheapest/easiest v8 swap??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

View Poll Results: im a newb but most ppl seem to run 302/350s
chevy 350 carbed 18 60.00%
ford 302 carbed 0 0%
chevy 350 fuel inj 6 20.00%
ford 302 efi? 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
Ford engine, ford trans, for tcase. Ford is driver side drop on 4x4 so axles won't need swapping
that is true... but re: GM transplants, full size GM trucks after 88 or 89 (whenever it is they went to IFS) also have the transfer case drop to the driver side. So don't let that be your sole decision maker

my NP241 drops in the right spot - I pulled it from a 93 or 94 Silverado 2500 pickup

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #17
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryder44 View Post
I know you wanted cheap, but since none of the swaps are going to be cheap......Just put a Hemi in it and don't worry about the chevy and ford junk. lol
It's that exact same crap you're spewing right now that got me all jacked up. All I wanted was a Jeep to drive around and have fun in.

Now I'm over here shopping for a Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear, 37s, coilovers, full roll cage, in the middle of a 5.2 magnum swap which might end up turning into a 6.1L Hemi instead, and a whole bunch of other crap.

This **** better be worth it, cause I'm getting anxious.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #18
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
It's that exact same crap you're spewing right now that got me all jacked up. All I wanted was a Jeep to drive around and have fun in. Now I'm over here shopping for a Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear, 37s, coilovers, full roll cage, in the middle of a 5.2 magnum swap which might end up turning into a 6.1L Hemi instead, and a whole bunch of other crap. This **** better be worth it, cause I'm getting anxious.

I'll be over to pick up your d30 soon then.
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
I'll be over to pick up your d30 soon then.
4.10s in it! You can have it, free of charge. The Jeep is out in Lucerne right now getting the welding done. Once that's all completed, it'll be back in my garage getting the V8 swap buttoned up and ready to go. Might do a couple donuts around the house, not sure yet. I'm thinking about a flat belly skid to go with it.

Once the axles are sitting in my garage and all prettied up, you're more than welcome to drop by and pick it up. That or if you want, we can swap the axle in garage in an afternoon?

You hittin that trail run with everybody tomorrow?

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.