what is 93 yj 2.5 fuel pressure be - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > what is 93 yj 2.5 fuel pressure be

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 08-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
grayt37
1993 YJ Wrangler 

what is 93 yj 2.5 fuel pressure be

my jeep is running a little rough and I had a code of 24 so I replaced the tps today .I can hear my fuel pump humming...so I checked the pressure and when I turn the key right before it starts the pressure is only around 4 psi and at idle its 30psi..when I drove around auto zones parking lot at a slow speed the pressure stayed at 30 psi ..is this normal?

grayt37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayt37 View Post
my jeep is running a little rough and I had a code of 24 so I replaced the tps today .I can hear my fuel pump humming...so I checked the pressure and when I turn the key right before it starts the pressure is only around 4 psi and at idle its 30psi..when I drove around auto zones parking lot at a slow speed the pressure stayed at 30 psi ..is this normal?
Yes.

If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, I should be able to bench press a Grand Cherokee by now!
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That start pressure is low. The fuel pressure should be 31psi at idle, 39 when disconnecting the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator and it should maintain 20 psi for longer then 20 minutes when you shut it off. If you are onle seeing 4 psi before you start you need to check the bleed down pressure and if it is bad replace the fuel pump. The check valve in the pump is bad.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fuel , fuel pressure , fuel pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.