What is this?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What is this??

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter92YJ View Post
Mine buzzes when the key is left in the ignition and the driver door is opened! No idea why it would kill the gauges, but the way the wiring schematic is in the Haynes manual, they are all kind of hooked together with the white with black tracer.....
Mine just killed the gauges again this morning until inset the parking brake again and my foot grazed it and my gauges initialized. My problem is the dash lights go out too and I drove 60 miles with the parking brake on because I couldn't see it.

Unread 04-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
wickedoffroad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That is where you can install the Flux-capacitor.
wickedoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Its your buzzer. The thing that buzzes when you turn on the ignition.

Its worthless, I unplugged mine and threw it in the trash years ago. No more annoying buzz to tell me to put on my seat belt. (I wear mine 24/7 anyway)

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Its your buzzer. The thing that buzzes when you turn on the ignition.

Its worthless, I unplugged mine and threw it in the trash years ago. No more annoying buzz to tell me to put on my seat belt. (I wear mine 24/7 anyway)
Buzzer? I didn't know there was a buzzer, I guess my Jeep had it removed long ago.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
G30SFF250
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
Buzzer? I didn't know there was a buzzer, I guess my Jeep had it removed long ago.
We don't need no stinkin buzzers!

Unread 04-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #21
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

OK, so it's never buzzed, and apparently it is supposed to read to a ground when the key is off as does the brown line to the alternator. Yes I traced out my entire freaking harness today to find it's normal.

My problem was,,,,,,,,, way back when I first bought the Jeep it had a MSD ignition in it and had issues with run on, the PO had a hokey switch to shut it off. I tapped into the switched line and put in a diode so that it couldn't back feed the ignition and cause run on. Anyhow, diode burned up causing no switched 12v. I just pulled the diode and everything seems right now. I won't now till next weekend when I have a new radiator in it so I can fire it up again.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
dpondaco

what is this

I think I may be too late on this, but I believe this part is for the rear window defogger. should be a timer and relay built into it.
dpondaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpondaco View Post
I think I may be too late on this, but I believe this part is for the rear window defogger. should be a timer and relay built into it.
Hahahaha.... "I think I may be too late" he says... the thread was dead 1 1/2 years ago... Genius!

KCCO
jaycal3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #24
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpondaco View Post
Could've been. I used to have a hardtop. Plugged it back in, still doesn't buzz.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.