Wet Right Foot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wet Right Foot

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 04-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
sammar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wet Right Foot

Hey All,

After it has rained everytime Everytime I get in my 95YJ and start off I get water pouring from the floor heat vent. Is this a normal thing? If so how can I prevent it and if not how can I fix this issue. I live in the Pacific Northwest so get alot of rain and a soaker to my right foot everytime it rains hard.

Thanks for any input

sammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
MattTB
1997 TJ Wrangler 

First thing you can check is the big rubber worm drain looking thing coming out of your firewall. My jeep was pouring water onto my feet every time I made a turn. After I removed all the leaves and other gunk clogged inside this tube, the problem stopped.
MattTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Mazdarx
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Very common problem, when I did that on my last YJ it solved most of my leaking issues. If that doesn't work there is a very good article on this forum somewhere about finding and fixing those leaks.

91 Yj Renegade, lifted, built 4.0L, 33's etc
Mazdarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
wrathobigv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can also seal the seam between your cowl, and the tub. They make seals or u could use a chaulking. My PO, used silicone, and his finger, and it looks like doo-doo. (silicone collects dust) but I dont get any water from the dash, now it just comes up through my (holy) floor boards!!! lol
wrathobigv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • Foot rest? - JK Wrangler Technical Forum (9 replies)
  • Foot Pegs - JK Wrangler Technical Forum (12 replies)
  • Foot Pegs - YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (8 replies)
  • Foot Speakers - TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (2 replies)
  • Big Foot.. - TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (0 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.