Well even direct from mopar weather stripping don't fit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Well even direct from mopar weather stripping don't fit

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 07-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
metalhead
2000 WJ 

Well even direct from mopar weather stripping don't fit

I have had nothing but problems trying to replace the weather stripping on the passenger side full steel door on my 94 wrangler. Quadratec sent me 2 weather strippings and both were still about 3 inches too big. So I bought weather stripping from the jeep dealership I work at and it is still 3 inches too big. So I guess I'm down to cutting it shorter and gluing it back together. Does anyone know the name of the glue that you can get for weather stripping?
Thanks

metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
rubisean
1990 YJ Wrangler 

yes it is called 3M super weatherstrip adhesive...... you are doing something wrong, are you stretching it too far? Start at the top corner at the apex of the roof and the windshield frame and work your way around. that is the best i can tell you
rubisean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

it fit perfectly for both my doors. from 4wd parts or morris4x4
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
metalhead
2000 WJ 

I started at the square part of the door. It fits perfect going down the hinge side of the door. Once you work your way around to the latch side of the door it does not fit right. The plastic clips do not line up with the holes in the door. I am not stretching it in any way. I set the squared off corner on the hinge side first and just work it around from there and it seems like it is 3 inches too long.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hmm, that's odd
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
PJGC
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have replaced the seals on both doors of my 95 with seals from OMIX ADA and they fit perfectly. You do have to use 3M super weather-strip adhesive that rubisean mentioned to hold the seal to the door and prevent any water from seeping in behind the seal.
PJGC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.