Weird Wiper/Turn Signal Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weird Wiper/Turn Signal Problems

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
OnlynAYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Weird Wiper/Turn Signal Problems

Not sure if this has been addressed before I researched it for some time to no avail.

Problem: One of the clips broke off my original turn signal switch, so when I engaged the left turn signal it would not automatically cut off when the wheel turned back right. After replacing the original switch with a replacement from the junkyard, I robbed one off of a early 90's XJ, it that I had fixed the problem. Several weeks later I have found myself with no turn signals, but one of the hazard lights work. Why only one works instead of both I have no idea. Also, I have no wipers without the intermittent box plugged in, and when I plug in the intermittent box my wipers act as if they are set on the slowest speed. However, the wipers will work when using the windshield washer. I don't necessarily think the problems are directly related seeing as there is a wiper switch and a turn signal switch, but it seems odd that they went out at the same time. I'm thinking I have picked up a bad turn signal switch and have an unrelated wiper problem, but I wanted to pick the minds of the JF members before I start buying unnecessary parts.

Unread 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Shamrock84
1988 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like u got an electric problem, chief. don't think any research is gonna help, i think you gotta either backtrack what you fixed, see if you caused it and keep on down the line. process of elimination. good luck these gremlins are a pain in the a*s
Shamrock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
OnlynAYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah thinking about snagging another turn signal switch and going from there. Thanks for the help.
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check your plugs. Has far as the wiper goes remove the delay box and see if they work that way. now you will not have the delay part but they should work off, low and high. Why not get a new switch for the turn signals from a parts store?
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
OnlynAYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Check your plugs. Has far as the wiper goes remove the delay box and see if they work that way. now you will not have the delay part but they should work off, low and high. Why not get a new switch for the turn signals from a parts store?
Price, most of the auto parts stores carry them for $100 but I've found that 4wd sells them for 40. Logically it would make more sense to buy the $40 new one than to continually spend $6, junkyard price, on switches that may or may not work. With the delay box out I'm getting nothing.
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You did plug the two connectors back in to each other. The ones that plug into the delay box?

MMM check this out. 34.95 not a bad price. This is the same as yours.
Turn Signal Switch | 1994 Jeep Wrangler 4WD 4 Cylinders P 2.5L MFI | AutoZone.com
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.