Weird transmission sounds help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weird transmission sounds help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Bighaydn

Weird transmission sounds help!

Ive a 94 wrangler that's lifted quite a bit with 35s and 4.10 gears. I've got the 4.0 liter also. So I went and found some mud awhile back. It wasn't too rough and I took it easy on my jeep because I just bought it. After mudding I noticed an odd sound kinda sounded like that sound reverse makes but it happened when I was driving and all gears accept first. I figured some water got in my differential fluid so I changed the front and rear and it cut down but still there. Next I changed my tranny oil and still it's still there! I'm all out if ideas please help! Oh and this is my first jeep and I'm only 20. I'm not an expert

Bighaydn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Did you get ALL the mud and small rocks cleaned out of everything that moves when driving????

The front drive shafts, brakes. Up on the t-case skid where the shafts rotate???

And then the rear the same.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Bighaydn

I got some but I didn't even think about that. Could something just be rubbing on my drive line?
Unread 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Bighaydn

That doesn't make much sense though because it's only when I'm on the gas and not when down shifting or coasting
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
trboxman

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Could be u-joints or a loose pinion nut...

Do you have a CV joint rear driveshaft?
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Bighaydn

I'm not sure what that means I just bought it I'm assuming it has stock

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.