Weird but True - Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weird but True - Help

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
jazzyct
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Weird but True - Help

Hi All,

I'm a noob...so please help.

Brought my 95 YJ to Town Fair Tire to put some new tires on new rims. My stock rims were 205/75R15. The tires that went onto my new rims were 235/75R15. Jeep looked great when I went to pick it up after hours..I went to start the car up...the electricals went on..but no start. I did notice that I didn't get the door buzz like I normally do. I did try to keep turning they key but dash electronics never really died. Headlights/breaklights turned on. I tried a jumpstart kit but nothing. The only time that I saw no dashboard activity is when I put the ignition key into aux mode.

BTW..they did test drive my Jeep because the mileage was more than when I dropped it off.

Any idea what this is?? I don't feel like reeming out some guy at Townfair tomorrow for no reason if its normal wear and tear.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff the Noob

jazzyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
ROADDOG516
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I cant answer question but will say stay away from Town Fair. When I got my 33s called them said they would install no prob. Brought down to shop and after twenty minutes they called back said they couldnt do tire mount cause they dont do offroad veh. So I went down there spoke with fat manager who obviously just showed up at work and put kabosh on tires for me and after a nice conversation got tires mounted balanced and full refund of my money because he wanted no part of my tire swap.. Man was he p#$#$ off but thanks to his temper and my ability to anger him worked out great..but seriously stay away from Toen Fair at least where I live they spend all day smoking weed in back then go destroy cars..
2013 JKU Sahara
ROADDOG516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just a thought....If the horn works, try swapping the starter relay with the horn relay under the hood. They interchange and may quickly isolate your starting problem.

Friends don't let friends roll over without a negative-G strap

Feetwet's Ford 8.8 Axle Teardown/Rebuild/Install

AX5 Output Shaft Seal Replacement

Hand Throttle Install

AX5 Vent Install
Feetwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
planedog
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Your profile doesn't mention the transmission. Is it an automatic? If so, make sure the shifter is all the way up as fas as you can push it.
planedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
photoboy74
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did the Jeep actually crank over at all during your attempts to start it?
photoboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmmm, would you mind giving more details at to what "no start" entails?

I can't think of any reason why wheels and tires would affect electricals, so perhaps they just left something on a drained the battery some. I've had times where I had headlights, stereo, etc., but not enough to actually get the car to turn over and stay running.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
jazzyct
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It ended being that my starter was shot. Thanks for the help!
jazzyct is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.