Weber Worries - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber Worries

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
Jeff Merkel

Weber Worries

I have an 88 YJ that had gone through 2 old Carters, so I upgraded to a Weber 32/36 last September. It's done well for me, but I recently found that the intake manifold is cracked, which isn't helping performance any. I'll be swapping in a new one in a week or so.

But I'm worried about passing emissions which is coming up in August. I've left the mangled mess of vaccuum lines in the event that I'm forced to put my Carter carb and monstrous air intake back on. I want to completely yank all the unnecessary vacuum lines out, especially when I'm swapping the intake manifold, but am worried that I'll never be able to get the confusing mess back together if necessary.

I guess I want to know how many of y'all out there have passed emissions with a Weber? I remember reading somewhere that people have done it and I want to know what I can do to improve my readings.

Here in Colorado, they don't pop the hood to check things out, so unless they are getting really odd readings at the Emissions Testing Center, they'd never know there was no stepper motor or anything. If I get good numbers, I'm golden, if not, I'm screwed. Swapping carbs every year for emissions would suck.

Any advice, past experience, or anything would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

-=Jeff Merkel=-
jeff@merkelstudios.com

Jeff Merkel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2002, 03:57 PM   #2
dcbeer

I believe people have passes with this set-up, but I would not bet the farm on it. The vac system is not that complicated and if you have to install everything again it should not take that long to do it. This link should help.

<a href="http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/258bbd/index.htm" target="_blank">www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/258bbd/index.htm</a>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.