JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   weber people please help. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/weber-people-please-help-1359257/)

bluedaffy 04-20-2012 07:57 PM

weber people please help.
 
I have a 32/36 and have been wrestling with it for literally months. Today I took the carb off tipped it over like this link --> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/we...ssion-1051137/ instructs to do to determine the maximum amount the throttle plate can be open before drawing from the enrichment hole. Weber says it should be no more than 1.5 turns in mine was 3!!! 3 full turns before any port started to show itself. That's twice as much as what weber says is the ABSOLUTE maximum it can be turned in. What's going on here?

Side note, when I put the carb back on I couldn't get it to idle correctly, but that's an afterthought. I REALLY want to know why my carb is so out of spec. what could cause this?

superj 04-20-2012 08:43 PM

some previous person messing with it could do that

mcmud 04-21-2012 07:02 AM

Does this carb have "Weber, the "W" logo and "Made in Spain" cast into the body and/or cover?

Where did you purchase it?

bluedaffy 04-21-2012 04:40 PM

No, unfortunately it doesn't. It was new from carbs unlimited. I thought because it was a redline weber it would be okay. I think it's the cheaper version, it was new at $300. Would this make any difference in setting the curb idle though?

uptillnow 04-23-2012 03:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what the "W" or Weber in the casting looks like..
Carbs Unlimited sells REAL Weber products.

Check it out agoin if you will.
UPTILLNOW

bluedaffy 04-23-2012 08:07 PM

nope, I have the cheaper version, maybe it wasn't carbs unlimited, but wherever I got it from, it turns out to be the cheaper made one. My question still stands though... it's nice we are all getting one the same page but does it affect the way it should be tuned?

uptillnow 04-24-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaffy (Post 13458267)
nope, I have the cheaper version, maybe it wasn't carbs unlimited, but wherever I got it from, it turns out to be the cheaper made one. My question still stands though... it's nice we are all getting one the same page but does it affect the way it should be tuned?

So then, what carburetor do you have?
The 34-DGEC has a wider variation of where the enrichening holes were drilled in the carburetor bore, therefore having a larger variation in the speed srew setting. Although, if the holes are drilled (incositantly) higher in the bore you should get more idle speed with zero ported vacuum at the "S" distributor vacuum port.

So then, what carburetor do you have?
UPTILLNOW :cheers:

giggityjeeper 04-24-2012 11:14 AM

funny thot the very first thing several ppl told me including weber WAS NOT TO FLIP IT OVER as it will screw up your floats.... so ya....... maybe start there now that you flipped it over.....

my weber is 1.5 turns out for the mixture screw, adjust idle around 750-900... .adjust your choke,

I just moved the plates with my fingres to see max

bluedaffy 04-25-2012 11:50 AM

It IS the 32/36... I know this. I looked back in my e-mails and saw that I purchased the carb from www.webercarbsdirect.com Here is the link to EXACTLY what I bought.

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/product_p/wk551.htm

I appreciate all the feedback, and thanks giggityjeeper for the advice, but I still would like confirmation on something.

Do the spec settings (1.5 turns in on the speed screw and 3.5-1.75 mixture screw) apply to this cheaper version of the 32/36 the same as it does to the 32/36 made in spain version?

Thanks for the help.

giggityjeeper 04-25-2012 12:05 PM

speed screw... ?? Idle screw?

mixture screw instructions were as follows turn in all the way, and 1.5 to 1.75 turns out...

sey your idle to whateer os specific on the idle screw...

what is your timing set at.... it needs to be at about 8-9 degrees ATDC.... amd you NEEd a fuel pressure regulator.... if you dont have your timing set and a FPR, you will have issues..

and again you may have float issues since you flipped it over....

uptillnow 04-25-2012 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey bluedaffy and giggityjeeper,
I found this document, scaned it, and I hope it will post on the forum.
Maybe this "Weber" information can help you with whatever carburetor you have here.
Just trying to help. SPEED SCREW MAXIMUN 1 1/2 turns in after contact with the throttle lever.
UPTILLNOW

bluedaffy 04-25-2012 02:59 PM

Thanks. If I were to look in the primary carb barrel from the underside where would I find the hole that provides the idle fuel that is regulated by the mixture screw? Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. Let me put another way. When I look into the primary barrel I can see a few holes or ports in the side of the barrel for the various ported vacuums. Which hole is the enrichment hole? and what port does the idle fuel flow out of the carb? Sorry if that's real confusing, but it's the best I could explain my question.

uptillnow 04-25-2012 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaffy (Post 13468157)
Thanks. If I were to look in the primary carb barrel from the underside where would I find the hole that provides the idle fuel that is regulated by the mixture screw? Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. Let me put another way. When I look into the primary barrel I can see a few holes or ports in the side of the barrel for the various ported vacuums. Which hole is the enrichment hole? and what port does the idle fuel flow out of the carb? Sorry if that's real confusing, but it's the best I could explain my question.

This picture should be of the enrichenment holes. The leading edge of the throttle plate must be below these holes. SPEED SCREW IN 1 1/2 turns after contact with the throttle lever. Do not worry about the float and being upside down.

In this "WEBER" 32/36 DGEV, I do not see the idle fuel hole that is regulated by the mixture screw. I beleive it is in the I.D. on the flange of the throttle bore.
Why do you ask?
UPTILLNOW

superj 04-25-2012 04:48 PM

i think on my 32/36, when i turned the mixture screw all the way in till it bottomed lightly, i could see the tip of the screw through the hole when i looked in the throat. i think, its been a few years

a 32/36 is a good carb though, if its areal weber. those copy cat cheapo ones are almost worth just buying a real one on ebay and rebuilding the real one

giggityjeeper 04-25-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uptillnow (Post 13468261)
This picture should be of the enrichenment holes. The leading edge of the throttle plate must be below these holes. SPEED SCREW IN 1 1/2 turns after contact with the throttle lever. Do not worry about the float and being upside down.

In this "WEBER" 32/36 DGEV, I do not see the idle fuel hole that is regulated by the mixture screw. I beleive it is in the I.D. on the flange of the throttle bore.
Why do you ask?
UPTILLNOW

nevermind


The time now is 03:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.