Weber Idling Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber Idling Issues

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 01-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
hguffman

Weber Idling Issues

Well, my electric fan failed on my jeep while I was warming it up the other day. The circut never closed when it got to temp and it puked out all the coolant in my engine and radiator while I was inside flapping my f-ing gums . It had pinned the temp needle, but after all that, I replaced the fluid, let it cool and it got me home fine... no cracks in the block or any thing.

After replacing the radiator, doing the tune up and replacing a few ignition components the damn thing still won't idle and the choke doesn't seem to be working properly.

The idle will fluctuate between 1500 and as low as 500 and when coming to a stop it dies or alomost dies when I press the breaks... any thoughts as to what I coudl check? Could I have heated things so much in teh carb that I burnt out some vital components? Its a Weber that is less then one year old, and before this miss hap it ran GREAT!... so whats next?

89 Wrangler 4.2L w/ Posi-Lok, Weber Carb, Electric Cooling Fan

THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT!!! THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT!!!!

THE RED SOX WIN IT ALL!!!!!! WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!
hguffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
jeepnguns

I would warm up the vehicle to normal operating temperatures and unplug the electric choke and make sure it is in the unengauged position. if this solves the problem you most likely got the choke wet and just need to replace it. Second thing it could be is the ignition module since the coolant overflowed probably from the overflow tank the ignition module might have gotten wet and is shorting out. Unfortunatly I do not know how to test them if there is a test. third thing is there might have bee some internal engine damage. good luck.
Dana 44s Detroits w/ 5.89s
38" Swamper SX
Lots of other random things and dents
jeepnguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
hguffman

Yeah, I did replace the ignition module. that helped.

i will see about the choke tonight.

89 Wrangler 4.2L w/ Posi-Lok, Weber Carb, Electric Cooling Fan

THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT!!! THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT!!!!

THE RED SOX WIN IT ALL!!!!!! WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!
hguffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.