Weber Carb vs. Stand. Carb 89 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber Carb vs. Stand. Carb 89 YJ

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-11-2004, 06:19 PM   #1
Beast89

Weber Carb vs. Stand. Carb 89 YJ

Is there an advantage to getting on the Weber Carb? What are they?

Beast89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2004, 06:28 AM   #2
JayJEEPguy
2004 WJ 

It depends. Is your Carter carb running badly?

With my stock carb, my Jeep would die out on the smallest incline...now, I can climb slightly larger inclines

Gas mileage stayed the same. Runs smoother now. Just about the only changes I've noticed. Oh yeah, and it idles where it is supposed to
'02 WJ:4.7L, Selec-Trac. Totalled 9-12-07. Click to hearKolak 3" exhaust sound clip
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MourningWoody
JayJEEPguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
Beast89

It idles too low/stalls out sometimes. Other than that its been pretty good.
Beast89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
COJAM

Dude getthe Weber. Trust us all. Easy, easy install. YOu will ove it.

BEST 400 I have in the JEEP
COJAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #5
RAYMAN975

Last edited by RAYMAN975; 03-08-2005 at 10:02 PM..
RAYMAN975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2004, 08:22 AM   #6
drboeing

Weber carb

Speaking of Webers, does anyone out there have one for sale, I am still working on this YJ for a poor student friend of my son's, the Carter has been rebuilt, still won't idle, idle tubes drilled out, still won't idle, so the next step is a weber.Anyone with one for sale.
drboeing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #7
wm69

Hey Jayshoguy, you forgot to mention that the smaller weber practically doubles your power. When I floor my jeep with the weber you can hear the second barrel open up and the engine just roars (snap your head back, not a V8 or anything but BIG improvement). My nuttered BBD on the wife's rig runs smooth, but you kinda just putt along........

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #8
JayJEEPguy
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69
Hey Jayshoguy, you forgot to mention that the smaller weber practically doubles your power. When I floor my jeep with the weber you can hear the second barrel open up and the engine just roars (snap your head back, not a V8 or anything but BIG improvement). My nuttered BBD on the wife's rig runs smooth, but you kinda just putt along........

Heh....yeah there is a bit of a boost when floored...it also drains my gas tank pretty damn quick, too. I tend to use the gas pedal less and less with gas prices as high as they are. Very rarely do I ever get the RPM's up over 2700.
'02 WJ:4.7L, Selec-Trac. Totalled 9-12-07. Click to hearKolak 3" exhaust sound clip
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MourningWoody
JayJEEPguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
myblackyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

any more pics i have a prob with my carb
myblackyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
jeepistool
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
whats the model number on the webber. im so confused
jeepistool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
dimatrod
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepistool View Post
whats the model number on the webber. im so confused
The 32/36?

I can confirm these carbs are magnificent. I haven't ridden much in YJs with stock carbs, but mine and several others' with Webers are just a pleasure to drive. On gasoline (I run LPG in my YJ), it roars when you open up the secondary barrel, and the thing REALLY pulls.
dimatrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.