Weber Carb Tuning Confusion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber Carb Tuning Confusion

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
stompythefish
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Weber Carb Tuning Confusion

Ok i got a 32/36 DGEV on my 4.2L and ordered the redline jet kit for 6cyl engines the lowest primary idle they give me is a 75 and its way too rich. i bought a 60 a while back and it seems to work the best. the question is, how should i tune this thing? weber says not to turn the air past 1.5 turns or else it exposes enrichening holes and screws with the proper mix for curb idle. BUT i need to turn the air up well past 1.5 turns, like 4 and 3/4 turns...19 quarter turns where im not supposed to take it past 6 quarter turns? and once i get up there i gotta turn the mix up a half turn to even it out. i hear i shouldnt have to turn up the air that far to get me to 750ish rpm, do i not need to go that high? my book says 680+or-70 rpm. so i can take it as low as 610 if my carb has trouble getting up there. im a bit mislead, i want this carb right because it isnt common knowlege to jet a carb and ppl are so used to plugging something in and saying yay or neigh. jetting is an art, im a noob in carb theory in webers as to what to expect from them and how they run my engine compared to a carter.

stompythefish is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.