weber carb rough idle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > weber carb rough idle

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-04-2003, 04:19 PM   #1
mv971

weber carb rough idle

Does anyone have a clue what could be the prob. I had a weber carb installed a year ago on my 89 4.2liter ran fine now when its cold or intermittently the idle is very rough but not all the time mostly cold ,has anyone had this prob was it choke related or is the computer still involved after installing a weber.thanx mike

mv971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2003, 08:12 AM   #2
Brooklyn

There is a product that replaces the air filter box. It looks like a tube that takes air from next to the exaust.
Unread 06-07-2003, 11:59 AM   #3
Meister_jeep

I've had the same problem as you since I live In quebec Canada its the coldest you can get in almost all north america and the answer is simple its choke related. A few weeks ago it was raining a lot around here and my jeep would die all the time until it was at operating temp. I solved the problem by adjusting the choke. A good way to adjust the choke is to warm up your jeep until it is really at operating temperture. Then when you choke plate is wide open loosen the 3 screws that hold your choke assembly and start to rotate the choke until the plate starts to move and close a tiny bit and screw it there. I say this is because if you follow the instruction with your weber they say to wait until it is warm and then loosen your choke until the plate is wide open. If you get cold weather you want the choke to stay on the longest until the engine is warm so if you adjust the choke like I told you to you will have you choke on the longest until the engine is warm and then it will be fully open also.

hope it helps you out a little
NUTTER BYPASS
FIBERGLASS BODY TUB
BDS 3.5
SYE+CV SHAFT
FORD 8.8 WITH 4.10 GEARS, DISK BRAKES
33x12.50 GOODYEAR MT/R's ON AR767 15x8
CUSTOM STANLESS STEEL DISCO`s
JUICEBOX.
LED TAIL LIGHTS
$10 homemade POSILOCK
-4.0 HEAD
-MIGHT TRY THE JEEP INJECTION KIT FROM WEBER
Meister_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.